GetSimple has always had to deal with complaints that there were not enough good free themes available (and to a lesser extent, plugins). It’s been a problem because GetSimple simply does not have the market awareness yet to attract the type of quality files that WordPress and the other larger CMS’s do.
The March 2012 Create-a-thon contest was created as a bold attempt to change this.
- (mt) MediaTemple - Graciously donated 3 years of free (gs) hosting plus a box of (mt) schwag!
- BuySellAds - Donated $100 worth of credit
- AuthorityLabs - Donated a lifetime Basic Account
- Carsonified’s Treehouse - Donated one month free of their Gold tutorial service for the top 3 winners!
- FormStack - Donated a free Starter account for a year
- FormAssembly - Donated a free lifetime Basic account
- KISSmetrics - Donated a free year of their Bootstrap account
- BlueCotton – Helped us get our t-shirts ordered
Take a look at our official March 2012 Create-a-thon page for rules and prizes.