Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I18N Gallery
I18N Gallery

Homepage: http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18ngallery

This plugin allows you to define multiple image galleries and display them in various ways:
  • supports multiple galleries
  • supports selection of images from data/uploads and any sub directories
  • supports sorting of images (like the pages in I18N Navigation navigation structure)
  • supports the I18N plugin, i.e. multiple languages
  • supports a title, a description and tags per image
  • supports filtering of a gallery by one or multiple tags
  • displays galleries in multiple ways (e.g. fancybox, prettyPhoto, s3Slider)
  • some galleries (e.g. fancybox, prettyPhoto, cycle) degenerate nicely with Javascript turned off
  • allows to set any thumbnail and image sizes (per gallery)
  • automatically scales images according to these sizes
  • automatically crops thumbnails/images to achieve a specific width/height ratio (version 1.2+)
  • can automatically start slide shows
  • can display a specific image of a gallery
  • supports a gallery preview (like view for Edit Page)
  • all files reside in standard folders (images in data/uploads, thumbnails in data/thumbs, ...)
  • supports full undo after saving, deleting, renaming galleries
  • languages: English, German, Greek, Polish, Portuguese

Examples

Installation

Download I18N Gallery and unzip it into your plugins directory.
Enable sitewide cookies in your gsconfig.php.

Problem Solving

If you get "Not logged in" or an empty page when trying to add images to a gallery
  • enable sitewide cookies in your gsconfig.php - remove the # in front of define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE); - in GetSimple 3.1+ this should not be necessary.
  • make sure that "Website Base URL" in Settings/General Settings in the GetSimple administration is set to the correct host name, with which you log in, e.g. if you log in using http://www.mysite.com/admin then the website base URL must be http://www.mysite.com/ and not http://mysite.com

If you encounter problems when creating and saving or deleting galleries in the back end,
  • check if the file plugins/i18n_gallery/loadtab.php was copied to admin - correct it manually if necessary
  • check if a directory data/i18n_gallery exists and is read- and writeable - correct it manually if necessary
  • check if a directory backups/i18n_gallery exists and is read- and writeable - correct it manually if necessary

If you can't view a gallery from the edit-gallery page
  • check if the file plugins/i18n_gallery/gallery.xml was copied to data/pages - correct it manually if necessary (not valid for 2.1+)

If your gallery is not displayed correctly on your site
  • check, if your template calls get_header() - if not, include <?php get_header(); ?> in your template
  • if you still only see (% gallery %) instead of the gallery, your hosting provider probably disables/filters out ASP tags - ask him to turn this off or look for another provider.
  • check, if jQuery is already included in your template - if it is
    • make sure, it is at least version 1.4
    • switch on "Do not include jQuery" in the Gallery Settings
    • make sure jQuery is included before the get_header call
  • make sure you have no jQuery.noConflict(); in your web site's javascript code

Usage

Go to the Galleries tab in your GetSimple administration and create a new gallery, add images and give it a title, a name and a type.

Add the following in your page (replace my-gallery-name with the name of the gallery):

Code:
(% gallery name=my-gallery-name %)

If your template already includes the Javascript library used for a gallery (e.g. the cycle library), include js=false in the call, e.g.

Code:
(% gallery name=my-gallery-name js=false %)

For more information see http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18ngallery/.

Customization

The look of the thumbnails (fancybox, prettyphoto) and of the slides (cycle, s3slider) can be overwritten in your CSS style sheets. Just make sure that the CSS selector is longer/more specific than the automatically generated selectors. Most of the sizes, paddings, margins and positions of cycle and s3slider must not be overwritten, unless you really really know what you do (they depend on the image sizes configured in the gallery settings).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
when trying to add a picture says a Not logged in!
Oleg06 Wrote:when trying to add a picture says a Not logged in!

You have to set sitewide cookies in gsconfig. I will add it to the instructions. Thanks.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
When I add i18n_gallery.php file to plugins folder, then it doesn't load the pages properly on admin panel. Just blank pages. I have sitewide cookies on, but it didn't work.
Author of GetSimple 3's Finnish Language file — http://get-simple.info/extend/language/f...guage/106/
krisu Wrote:When I add i18n_gallery.php file to plugins folder, then it doesn't load the pages properly on admin panel. Just blank pages. I have sitewide cookies on, but it didn't work.

The Gallery pages don't work?
Or the whole admin back end?
The whole pages are blank or just the content area?
Does the "Galleries" tab show?

Please describe the problem in a bit more detail.
Please switch on debugging in gsconfig.php. Are there any error messages?
I have it working fine after adding

define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);

to gsconfig.php and updating prettyphoto.

1. How do I add the entire album with multiple galleries on one page (with one photo showing per gallery and clicking on it takes the user to the respective gallery) ?

2. The gallery height is not being considered by the page content and the footer is overlapping the gallery as if the page had no content at all. I have checked and all the files are in their respective places.
andyash Wrote:I have it working fine after adding

to gsconfig.php
I've added that to the installation instructions in the meantime.

andyash Wrote:and updating prettyphoto.

? prettyphoto is the latest version in the plugin?

andyash Wrote:1. How do I add the entire album with multiple galleries on one page (with one photo showing per gallery and clicking on it takes the user to the respective gallery) ?

You have to do this manually for now by adding pictures/thumbnails with links to the gallery pages.

andyash Wrote:2. The gallery height is not being considered by the page content and the footer is overlapping the gallery as if the page had no content at all. I have checked and all the files are in their respective places.

In your template add a <div style="clear:both"></div> after the <?php get_page_content(); ?> call.
after adding
when trying to add a picture says a Not logged in!
mvlcek Wrote:? prettyphoto is the latest version in the plugin?

Yes.

mvlcek Wrote:You have to do this manually for now by adding pictures/thumbnails with links to the gallery pages.

That's a shame. This gallery is really good, but multiple galleries in one page are also a requirement.

mvlcek Wrote:In your template add a <div style="clear:both"></div> after the <?php get_page_content(); ?> call.
Did that. Works fine now. Thanks.
For some reason it worked :-)
http://www.chaga-mushroom.com/gall/?setlang=en
andyash Wrote:That's a shame. This gallery is really good, but multiple galleries in one page are also a requirement.

yes, it is really a shame, mvlcek really could give us 200% of his leisure time for nothing ;=)

But, fun aside (in German: Spaß beiseite), I noticed that rcosstickphoto.com is blocked by my browser with a warning because of virus or unwanted element....

did somebody else get this experience, too?
Is it safe to open that page?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
andyash Wrote:That's a shame. This gallery is really good, but multiple galleries in one page are also a requirement.

You can have multiple galleries on a page. But if you just want links to gallery pages, you have to create them manually, which is really easy with the CKEditor - insert an image, link it to the gallery page.

Connie Wrote:noticed that rcosstickphoto.com is blocked by my browser with a warning because of virus or unwanted element....

I don't get a warning, but I'm using Ubuntu :-)

And now the news:
I18N Gallery version 0.7 now supports slideshows with the jQuery Cycle plugin.
And using cycle, fancybox or prettyPhoto, you will automatically get a fallback solution that works without Javascript.
mvlcek Wrote:I18N Gallery version 0.7 now supports slideshows with the jQuery Cycle plugin.
And using cycle, fancybox or prettyPhoto, you will automatically get a fallback solution that works without Javascript.
How do I use the cycle effect?
andyash Wrote:How do I use the cycle effect?

Click Gallery Options on the Edit Gallery view and select type cycle.
Mvlcek: "can display a specific image of a gallery" <- does it refer also to a random thumbnail display ?
Or the feature I was talking with you will be implemented later ? Smile
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:Mvlcek: "can display a specific image of a gallery" <- does it refer also to a random thumbnail display ?
Or the feature I was talking with you will be implemented later ? Smile

(% gallery name=mygallery pic=2 %) will initally show the 3rd image of the gallery (for fancybox, prettyphoto, supersized).

(% gallery name=mygallery thumb=4 %) will only show thumbnail 5 instead of all thumbnails (for fancybox, prettyphoto), special case (% gallery name=mygallery thumb=random %) will show one random thumbnail.

For more information see http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18ngallery.
mvlcek Wrote:
andyash Wrote:How do I use the cycle effect?

Click Gallery Options on the Edit Gallery view and select type cycle.

awesome.
Oleg06 Wrote:window opens with pictures, but I can not add them

Which browser? Any Javascript errors?
may be, to use a script Supersized need to create a separate template
http://www.chaga-mushroom.com/ddddddddddddddddd
and
http://www.chaga-mushroom.com/eeeeeeeeeeee
Sorry, apparently there was a conflict with the plugin gallery thephotogallery
it works :-)
I18N Gallery version 0.7.2 fixes an incompatibility of the "supersized" gallery type with IE.
Gallery in fahcybox, slide, does not display the text, why is this problem?
(in option set text position left...right...)
maxmaxmax Wrote:Gallery in fahcybox, slide, does not display the text, why is this problem?
(in option set text position left...right...)

The different types of galleries all use different Javascript libraries with different capabilities, so does e.g. fancybox not display the description, but only the title.
fahcybox, cycle, s3slider, prettyphoto - not display the title, nowhere not text...
i18-0.7.2 ( i18-0.7.1 not text too) GS v3.0
Deleting some _ in the php files solved the problem for me.
In for instance \plugins\i18n_gallery\plugin_prettyphoto.php you will find
Code:
@$item['_title']
and
Code:
@$item['_description']
Changing all instances of these to
Code:
@$item['title']
and
Code:
@$item['description']
made the titles and descriptions show up nicely.