Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kt block login
hey ,

This is a very simple and basic plugin that will block an ip adress for one hour after three failed login attempts .

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/kt-...login/486/

Updated on 08/02/2012
----------------------------

i have release a version 2 of the plugin with the following features .
-xmlLogClass will handle logging the data and the login verification, while providing a lock mechanism to disable data corruption.
- added a plugin panel that display statistics about the failed login attempts.

If you have some suggestions or features that you want me to implement please share , also if you want to preview the plugin panel you can download the attachement .
yay
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Nice!
Yes, running
thank you all
Thanks for this most useful plugin - have used it on several sites.
However, on the latest project there was an issue in the fact that when testing the p01 contact plugin, the email appears to be sent, but it does not get delivered.
On checking the website health, noticed "/data/other/logs/ktfailedlogins.log" reports "XML Invalid - Error!"
Please could you explain this error, and how to fix it - would a simple re-install of the kt-block plugin work?
Could there be a possible conflict with the p01 plugin?
Please advise. Thanks again.
@chaos
Did you ever figure out what was going wrong with your forms, was it related to this plugin?

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

(2012-10-26, 21:02:23)islander Wrote: @chaos
Did you ever figure out what was going wrong with your forms, was it related to this plugin?
I have a few sites running the P01 plugin, all with the same hosting company. None of the other sites have this problem, so naturally assumed that the problem may be a plugin conflict.
Did a fresh minimal re-upload of site - only GS and P01 Contact plugin. Still the same error.
As far as the kt-block plugin, the new upload sorted this out.
You can probably delete the log file if you get an error like that.

Wish this showed the user name attempted also, i guess you can cross reference it with the failedlogins though.

Also adding config options for the ban length and the max tries would be nice, even if they are at the top of the plugin file or globals.
plugin loads main.css on every page