GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Language file not used on first installation step
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm testing a translation and I'm finding it difficult, if not impossible, to use the language file in the very first installation step, where system requirements are checked.

In this page I can choose my language file but GetSimple always uses en_US.php and I have no way to use my language for this step. If I remove the English file then no messages are shown.

If I continue with the installation, then my file is used, but I have no way to re-check the system requirements using my chosen i18n file.
If you upload your language file as en_US.php, then it will be used automatically.
I see this is a bug, so devs should look at this.
I've created a bug report and left a link to this topic.
Great bug found. We will get this fixed soon.
It shouldn't be hard to fix, though as I suggested in the bug report, a button to re-check the settings would be nice, that way the language could be used and the user can re-check the requirements if he as corrected any missing requirement.

By the way, do you have any policies or acceptance rules for any patch provided? I could try to correct any bug I find and post the patch files.
@knitter - just go ahead and post the patches if you create any here. Just make sure you use the latest SVN because i've made a lot of tweaks over the last few days

By the way: i fixed the language problem you described here...