GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Can't login to admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got problem on the latest version of get-simple, even ive seted up few installations that worked cool, on this last one it seems i got problem with admin login. Im using correct password and username but it wont let me in for some reason? ive tried with different browsers but problem persist.

What could be the problem? Instalation is fresh new, and there is noting installed on it.

Regards
So you are using the en_us language file?
What is inside the /data/other folder on your server?
What happens if you turn on debug mode?
Did you get the setup email after installation?

Sorry for all the questions, but they will definitely help.
Ive got email, en_us lang file, i got this in /data/other
[Image: eror.jpg]

Now when u told me about debug mode, ive turned it on and i got loged in but im at work using desktop pc?

Ive tried to login last night with laptop and didnt work?

What could be the issuse?

Regards
strange that it works on your PC, but not on the laptop. Are you using different browsers?

Are you seeing any error messages at all when you try and sign in? Have you tried the reset-your-password option to see if that works?
Same browsers, im back to my laptop and its not working here... Ive tried to restart password, tried to login with new one but problem still persist. Any toughts what could it be?

With debug mode on, when im trying to login noting happens.... just a page refresh thats all.

Regards
What I'd try to do
- create a new (additional) profile in web browser
- check out windows host file if it doesn't contain any redirects
- check mod rewrite rules on webserver, if I'm allowed to access all content (same could go to firewall / antivirus)
- make a fresh GS install in another directory (files might be corrupted)
of course not by uploading all files one by one, but unzipping GS archive on webserver
- look into webserver's logs

Tbh it has to be a problem with your browser/OS/installed apps because it's impossible not to be able to login from within the same LAN.
Ive reinstalled my OS, tried with 3 different browsers and problem still exist.

Weird thing is, ive tried to login over the webproxy and it accepts my login... What could be the problem then??

desktop and laptop are on diffrerent ISP's tho.

Regards
hmm...try to turn on debug mode and look into logs. Maybe you'll find a clue.
Look as well into .htaccess if everything's ok inside it.

There's somewhere a hack to turn off requirement to log in to manage GS content.
I'm not sure if this was exactly about disabling the login.
Code:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

Debug turned on, it doesnt show me any error when im trying to login, wich is strange.

In the logs i have error caused by missing contact plugin, wich doesnt have any connection with this problem. Ive uploaded plugin now, but problem still remains.

Im gussing this has to do with some type of security in the login, but im not developer to find out what is it Smile

Does maybe get-simple record IP or anyting that has connection with specific PC or stuff like that?

Also its really weird cause its working over webproxy, it wouldnt let me in trought proxy if someting is wrong with OS or Browser etc....

Any tought?

Thans for help
Without any errors I really doubt we can help you out unless you have this installation of GetSimple accessible online somewhere for us to look at. Otherwise, zip up the whole folder and upload it somewhere for us to download.

According to the .htaccess GetSimple is in the root of your server? If it’s not, please update the RewriteBase line. If GetSimple is on http://example.ms/getsimple/ it should be:
Code:
RewriteBase /getsimple/
http://www.tacticprint.com/centarvujic.rar

here is the rar of the site, GS is in the root Wink
Now ive tried to login on another website where im using GS ... unfortunaly i cant login on it either

That website is created and installed from the desktop not from this laptop. My desktop is on work, and its on another ISP.

So im gussing there is some security problem? There is some kind of bug in all this i think.

Regards
Anyone familiar with this? Anyone had same problems :S?
fanatic Wrote:Anyone familiar with this? Anyone had same problems :S?

Yes, I have this problem and was going to open a new topic about this. But I have found this your topic about this issue.

If an incorrect login or/and password is typed in then I see a blank page. No matter if I use IE or Firefox or Opera. But if login and password is correct then I can login Smile
May be it would be useful for you to help to fix this small so called "bug". I have the problem accessing the admin panel after mistakenly typing in cyrillic letters (login & password) several times:

Quote:Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 2: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0x80 0x26 0x45 0x54 in /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/basic.php on line 199

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: e>Sun, 14 Nov 2010 04:42:00 -0500</date><Username><![CDATA[&ETH;&iquest;&Ntilde; in /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/basic.php on line 199

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^ in /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/basic.php on line 199

Quote:Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 2: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0x80 0x26 0x45 0x54 in /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 55

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: e>Sun, 14 Nov 2010 04:42:00 -0500</date><Username><![CDATA[&ETH;&iquest;&Ntilde; in /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 55

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 55

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/login_functions.php:55 Stack trace: #0 /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/login_functions.php(55): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('<?xml version="...') #1 /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/common.php(157): include_once('/home/ozinkico/...') #2 /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/index.php(18): include('/home/ozinkico/...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/ozinkico/public_html/domain.com/getsimple/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 55
I ran into the same issue of not being able to login to the admin. Seems like its a browser issue. I can login with Mozilla 3.6.13 but not Safari 5.0.3 or Google Chrome 8.0.552.237 (all on Mac).
Hi everyone,
I've been having problems logging in to the getsimple (3.0) admin. I've worked out that it's due to some plugins that I've installed - p01-contact and thephotogallery. What's happening is that when I try to log in the page just refreshes and I'm still logged out. I've turned on debug mode and get the follow errors...

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/folder/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thecocoa/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php:69) in /home/folder/public_html/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thecocoa/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php:69) in /home/folder/public_html/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 81
Error: Headers already sent in /home/folder/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69 If your browser does not redirect you, click here

Once I remove the p01-contact and thephotogallery plugins I can log in again. Does anyone have a solution to this as yet?

Thanks in advance,
Kim
I too ran into this problem when developing a new plugin. The reason was space characters in the end of the plugin file = after the php end tag: ?>
kimberry Wrote:Hi everyone,
I've been having problems logging in to the getsimple (3.0) admin. I've worked out that it's due to some plugins that I've installed - p01-contact and thephotogallery. What's happening is that when I try to log in the page just refreshes and I'm still logged out. I've turned on debug mode and get the follow errors...

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/folder/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thecocoa/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php:69) in /home/folder/public_html/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thecocoa/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php:69) in /home/folder/public_html/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 81
Error: Headers already sent in /home/folder/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69 If your browser does not redirect you, click here

Once I remove the p01-contact and thephotogallery plugins I can log in again. Does anyone have a solution to this as yet?

Thanks in advance,
Kim

Kim, thank you!

This issue was annoying the living bejesus out of me. Even on fresh installs I got this problem. I'm working on a new plugin, and every time my session ran out, this happened.

Removing all empty spaces and lines immediately after the plugins end-PHP tag ?> solved this problem right away.