GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: No pics display after unexpected .htaccess change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have multiple GS websites on one server (IE greater than 20). They are version 3.2.3 of Get Simple CMS. and have a weird issue that hopefully someone can shed some light on.

On MAY 19th for some reason all the .htaccess files were changed on all these websites and a copy of the original ones was renamed .htaccess.old.

i believe it has to do with the Apache upgrade to 2.4

Pretty much all the .htaccess files in all subfolders of each website (except for 1 or 2 for some reason)

Since that date all photos would not display correctly. I think it has to do with permissions.

When I analyse both the old and new .htaccess files there was one main difference - other text in the same files was left unchanged.

Oiginal text.

<Files ~ "\.xml$">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>

Changed text
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Require all denied
    Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Require all granted
    Satisfy All
</Files>

Does anybody know how to fix this in a cleaner way. 

I have renamed all the .htaccess.old back to .htaccess and this seems to fix the issue but I would like to find a better solution.

I don't really want to upgrade the whole website as this would take longer than renaming the .htaccess files.

I hope someone can help - thanks.
If you have a look at the distributed .htaccess file (temp.htaccess in the .zip archive) in the current version of GS, you'll see how to fix it to suit either Apache 2.2 or 2.4 in the same file.

(Do you need the 'Satisfy All' directive?)
gs has updated htaccess files for both verisons of apache , maybe copy them over ?

Or just upgrade