GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Need user cookie on logout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Wanted to grab the username cookie just before the user logs out of GS.

I'm currently using 
Code:
get_cookie('GS_ADMIN_USERNAME')
to obtain the user name when the user logs in.  I have been looking through the docs for a hook to allow me to grab the user name when they log out. I thought that the following might help but it's a no go probably because the user data is deleted before I can grab it.

Code:
logout - Fired when a user logs out

Any ideas would be good, thanks
hmm, might have better luck in 3.4, Ill take a look though
(2019-02-10, 00:58:25)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, might have better luck in 3.4, Ill take a look though

Cheers Shawn, I've been thinking I may have to use session variable s to accomplish what I want. I am looking at tracking who is logged in.
(2019-02-10, 01:51:24)craiga Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-10, 00:58:25)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, might have better luck in 3.4, Ill take a look though

Cheers Shawn, I've been thinking I may have to use session variable s to accomplish what I want. I am looking at tracking who is logged in.

As you had taken interest in the "Multi-user update?" thread, with my unpublished usermgr plugin you can do this quite easily with the current_user function in the page_access hook (is executed inside common hook, before user is logged out): 

PHP Code:
<?php
// register your plugin stuff, then ...

function do_something_with_username() {

$current_user current_user();

$username $current_user->id;

// or $current_user->get('usr');
}

add_action('page-access''do_something_with_username');