GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Add HTML Elements on the Backend to the "Files" Tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
can someone tell me, what would be the right way,
for extending the Page by HTML Elements, in the back-end, on the "Files" Tab,
right under the number of uploaded files.

I would like to introduce a second File List, which would be stored in another Folder, which is not reachable through the browser. The Files in this Folder will be password-protected downloadable.
Write a plugin to do it. That’s the only “right” way.

If you asked anything else, sorry, I didn’t understand exactly what you wanted to know.
Thnx for fast feedback Zegnat,
what I mean is, how can I insert my HTML Code right after the native Uploaded Files List?

On the Files Tab I found the following Hooks:
  • file-uploaded
  • files-sidebar

none of them allows, to insert the Code after the Uploaded Files List.
Maybe it is possible to combine the "files-sidebar" and a "content" filter, to insert my code on the right place?
* Edit: content filter seem not to work on backend

Should look like this:
[Image: 61550006.jpg]
I’m afraid there is no hook there. Maybe we should insert some kind of “before-footer” hook for this.

Ideas?
Zegnåt Wrote:I’m afraid there is no hook there. Maybe we should insert some kind of “before-footer” hook for this.

Ideas?

You know Zegnåt, I'm not a PHP Programmer and I don't know the best practice solutions to solve this Problem more generally, so that everybody are happy,

but I think it would be good, if there would be a possibility, to edit any back-end code, Hook independently - so how about a content-filter for the back-end?

I know, it would reduce the performance, but you as developer do not have to use these filters, don't you? It would be a plugin-writer-feature only, so that plugins could integrate more flexible.
im not sure what content we would filter here for you skipidar. i think the best solution would be to add a hook at the bottom of the files management page so you can add your own section.

But you aren't a PHP programmer? What use would you have for this hook then?
If the GS file upload would support subdirectories (and subdirectory creation) then those could easily be protected with htaccess rules.

-Rob A>
ccagle8 Wrote:im not sure what content we would filter here for you skipidar. i think the best solution would be to add a hook at the bottom of the files management page so you can add your own section.

But you aren't a PHP programmer? What use would you have for this hook then?

Hello ccagle8,
I wrote that I'm not a PHP programmer, because Zegnåt asked me for my opinion on this problem.
Since I start 1 simple PHP project per year I don't really know, what PHP is capable for, and what the common solutions for extending back-end code in CMS systems, so I'm the wrong person for an advice - that's what I wanted to say.

Off course me and other persons would have advantages, if there would be a possibility to filter the back-end code, since it would make possible to insert code at any place, hook independently, since you cannot introduce hooks for every Problem Smile
Maybe you as a good PHP Programmer have a better solution.

I created an ugly solution, since I had to edit the displaying and download functions,
so I wont share my code.

At the end I wanted to say, that your code is really good, and the CMS really responsive and usable, thx for it!

P.S.
My File Area looks like this:
For downloading the Files in the Protected Area you need a password.
[Image: protectedj.jpg]