GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Problem with creating archive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It appear:

Not Found

The requested URL /getsimple/zip.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
+1
There is an error in the path.
this is probably a permissions issue as well, because I am not seeing it on any of my sites running the latest of GS. I will have to look into a better way to do it. The way it works now:

1. button kicks off script that copies zip.php to the root of the GS install
2. runs that zip.php script
3. removes the zip.php script

I did it that way because I couldn't find a way to have it zip all files from the root of the install without the script actually being in the root...
+1 here

I have the exact same problem. It works on my local computer but not on my server. I also think that giving my root install folder chmod 777 to get this to work is a bad idea?

Great CMS btw!
I added this to our issue tracker. Im not sure what the solution will be, but we are aware of it.
I was playing with this. You can move zip.php to a directory with 777 like /admin/temp/ (zip.php)
Then change the relative paths around.

I was able to create the archive file and it was 6mbs, but it only included .htaccess and index.php and they were both 0 bytes.

So, this is doable, it just needs tweaking.
You had to actually move the PHP-file? Now that was interesting! I think that finding might just have sparked enough interest for me to tinker with it over the weekend.

Thanks for the pointer!
^ I moved it because the server would not write to it with a 755 folder permission. It would with a 777.
Besides that, chowning the main directory to apache:apache was 100% successful without any other modifications.
This is something that many other people can't do, that's why I looked for a file permissions solution.