GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Loading speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,
For a while now I've been using GetSimple as my CMS instead of the simple self-made one before. I do like its features but there's one thing I'm a bit worried about:
I feel like my site takes longer to load than it did before. The weird thing about this is that sometimes it's quite fast and sometimes it takes several seconds. I did not feel like that before I installed GetSimple. Maybe I'm just looking at it more sceptically.
I was wondering whether a slower loading speed is the natural way it has to be, because due to the fact that a page is built up out of different files each time it is requested, the server takes longer to produce the final source code. Is that true? Would it take shorter to get the information from a database instead of a file? In this case it might be smarter for a CMS to save pages to a database instead of files.
Best
joene
i did a few tests comparing GetSimple and Wordpress on a low end vps. I created a 10 pages site so both cms have to render menus and added a few paragraphs of text and images.

i did a loadimpact.com test and getsimple performed a lot better. Under heavy load wordpress started slowing while GS kept serving pages without impacting my limited resources box.

i can tell getsimple is 2 - 5 times faster than wordpress, depending on the load.

(tested on a cheap vps with 128mb ram and nginx, No wp supercache nor gs menu cache. Both standard, no plugin, install, ymmv)
Of course comparison will depend on what you were using before GetSimple; however I can see that one of GetSimple strengths is its speed (typically much much faster then say Wordpress or Joomla). Slow loading speeds can be caused by many things; do you have any third party analytics services setup (like Google Analytics)? Or any other resources that are loaded from other domains? You can also setup Firebug (a Firefox extension) to quickly find out what's loading slow on your site.
What about page speed if you have about 500 pages?

Anybody got any experience with that?

Are there any compare charts in terms of speed to other CMS?
Thanks!