GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Problem: unzipping the website archive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The archive zip created from the admin pages creates problems with Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) unzip and all programs using it, e.g. the Gnome program file-roller.

This seems to be caused by storing the directories, which are unzipped as files with size 0 (although a comment in zip.class.php seems to indicate that a directory flag is stored - but as external file format - MSDOS).

When I remove the $zipfile->add_dir calls in zip.php and basic.php, the archive works perfectly in Linux and Windows (at least with Total Commander).
debian lenny and 2.4b works fine.

I think the problem has been solved in latest builds. The version i'm using is a few weeks old, and i got it via svn

(you only get 2 warnings about stripping absolute path spec from robots.txt and favicon.ico)
yeah, this is one of the reasons we fixed the zip archive in GS 3.0 (the new yet-to-be-released) version. Try downloading 7zip - i bet it will be able to read your zip archive files. http://www.7-zip.org/