GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: No readme-files in plugin - packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I am new, I admit, but I have some problems which every newbie will have and so I ask:

when downloading plugins from the extend-repository, there are infos how to activate the plugin etc.

After downloading, no info is found in the zips.

So I ask if it is not possible to include readme.txt-files into the packages with the following information:

1) name and subject of the plugin and it's developer(s)
2) URL of the download and of update-downloads
3) instructions how to use

this would only take 5 minutes to add to the packages, but it would help a lot

thanks for the nice system!

Connie
The add plugin page gives you the option to provide information what a plugin does and how to install it. It would be nice if, by uploading, this info is added in an info.txt file in the uploaded zip file.

Don't know if this is possible, would be cool.
Installation instructions only need to be supplied, if it is not just "unzip to plugins directory".

Regarding usage instructions, they should still be available when a plugin is installed. So either put it in the plugin file - preferably in a way, where it is displayed as info on the plugins page - change to GetSimple core. Or put it in a <pluginname>.txt file. This way all txt files will be available in the plugins directory and not be overwritten by the next plugin installed.