GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Third Level Page + Priority of 2nd level pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, as I am a newbie please forgive me when I did not find the answer myself or here in the forum ;=)

1)
I want to have second level pages which should not be included in the main menu (as I do not want a css-dropdown-menu)
so I use "get_navigation" for the first level menu and "child_pages" for the second level pages (if there are)
Now I see that it is not easy to define the priority of these pages when "add to menu" is unchecked...
I must check that first, define the priority of the 2ndlevel page, save and uncheck in the options again

that's somehow unlogical ...

2)
I want to define a third-level-page, so in the page-options I try to define the parent-page
but I do not see the 2ndlevelpages there

is this not possible
did I miss an option or do I need a plugin?

Cheers, Connie
Connie Wrote:1)
I want to have second level pages which should not be included in the main menu (as I do not want a css-dropdown-menu)

2)
I want to define a third-level-page, so in the page-options I try to define the parent-page
but I do not see the 2ndlevelpages there

You could use the I18N plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/). It offers multiple levels (instead of the standard 2 levels) for your navigation with easy definition of parent (title instead of slug name, hierarchical) and order ("insert after" instead of "priority").

See more on http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/mul...avigation/.
thank you for the info!

I did not go through all plugins, so I did not know about that!

That will be my next step forward, great!
well, as I am expanding my test-site and creating more and more menu-levels, the i18ln-module is quite helpful

it lets me generate 3rdlevel- and 4thlevel-pages as you see here:

http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple/simpleimagegallery-1

but unfortunately I see only 3 levels in the page-list, I cannot find a way to edit these pages :

Getsimple/Modules/Galleries/SimpleImageGallery <= in the page list I see only

Getsimple with sub-levels "Modules" and "Templates", the subpages of the third level are displayed at the wrong position as well:

have a look:
[Image: liste1.jpg]

the first 3 pages are subpages in the 4th level

[Image: liste2.jpg]

here from AdminEditPages to p01-contact the thirdlevel-pages are shown as subpages of "Kontakt" which is not correct, they belong to Getsimple/Modules

I must say, the presentation at the site is correct, only the pagelist in the backend is wrong
Connie Wrote:well, as I am expanding my test-site and creating more and more menu-levels, the i18ln-module is quite helpful
but unfortunately I see only 3 levels in the page-list, I cannot find a way to edit these pages

Unfortunately the standard pages view can't handle multiple navigation levels.
However, you can still edit and delete all pages (when you find the page you are looking for).
And there is the I18N view (also on the pages tab), which sorts the pages by title (as long as it's not Umlaute and other special characters).

Another view where the pages are ordered hierarchically (and can be rearranged) is on my to do list.
mvlcek Wrote:And there is the I18N view (also on the pages tab), which sorts the pages by title (as long as it's not Umlaute and other special characters)..

yeah, that I found but this view is, when you have a lot of pages, distracting
mvlcek Wrote:Another view where the pages are ordered hierarchically (and can be rearranged) is on my to do list.

when this is realized, that would be great. Because the navigation is a big problem still for this nice small CMS

have a nice weekend,

Connie
@Connie, this should now be fixed in the latest SVN.
thanks for the info, so I wait for updates!
Connie Wrote:thanks for the info, so I wait for updates!

The standard pages view in the new GetSimple 3.0 beta now offers a hierarchical view, but each level is ordered by title. You can also filter the pages after clicking on "Filter", then clicking into the text field and typing.

The I18N pages view of version 0.9.7 of the I18N plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/) now offers the possibility to show the pages hierarchically - in the same order as in the menu. Additionally a filter field is always visible and has the focus on page load - thus you can load the view and start typing - finding a page should be extremely fast.
The current view (hierarchical or by title) is saved automatically, so you have the same view the next time.
And all this also works in GetSimple 2.03, too.
Version 1.0 of the I18N plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/) now offers a navigation structure view, which shows the hierarchical structure of the site and allows you to rearrange the pages with drag and drop.
all this sounds very promising!

I will install a new 3rc398-version today and check ;=)