GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Uploading Portrait Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi when I upload a portrait image it gets flipped onto its side - is this normal?

I am using 3.3.16 and using 'File Upload' button - Uploadify is disabled 

Many thanks
(2020-04-17, 10:56:27)mpcaps Wrote: [ -> ]Hi when I upload a portrait image it gets flipped onto its side - is this normal?

I am using 3.3.16 and using 'File Upload' button - Uploadify is disabled 

Many thanks

I found out what the problem was...

Its to do with the EXIF data that Win 10 adds to the JPEG (you can see this by looking at your images in a folder with 'Detail' view selected) then right click the column headings - select more - scroll down and check the 'Orientation' box.

This will show you the images that have been rotated (it says 'Rotate 270 degrees' & 'Rotate 180 degrees') under the 'Orientation' flag - and when I uploaded these to my Uploads folder they would be flipped or portrait images on their side.

I did manage to find a way around it by opening the image with windows 'Photo Gallery' (this may have been replaced on some machines now by windows 'Photo' (which didn't seem to work)) clicking 'Edit,organise, or share' selecting the image and rotating it 4 times - this puts the image back up the right way and seem to reset the 'Orientation' flag to Normal.

I then uploaded the portrait image to my Uploads folder, brought it into a gallery and Voila! up the right way

Hope this helps if anyone else has similar issues