GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: My Template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2020-06-04, 21:31:45)davetest Wrote: [ -> ]Now dreaming of you developing more great GS stuff ...maybe one day, your Catalog/Cart from your MyEngine plugins? :-)

I don t know, hardly :-) Those plugins use Russian payment systems (YandexMoney, WebMoney). They will have to be deleted. I don t know if they will need these plugins for anyone. There are similar plugins for GS.
I'm not a professional, remaking these plugins for GS will take me a lot of time.
While there are thoughts on a small revision of "My Template".
A question, if you are thinking of any further development of this theme... I see that you still keep jquery.mixitup.js from the original Graphberry Pluton template. Is there any posibility that you might add the data-filter selector from their portfolio section (your component3)? That would make your GS theme even more useful :-)
Similarly, what about the additional 3 elements that Graphberry have at the bottom of (component4) their About Us section: "About Us, Skills, We're Hiring"?
...I thought it worth asking, just in case you've already used these features :-)
(2020-06-08, 18:35:35)davetest Wrote: [ -> ]A question, if you are thinking of any further development of this theme... I see that you still keep jquery.mixitup.js from the original Graphberry Pluton template. Is there any posibility that you might add the data-filter selector from their portfolio section (your component3)? That would make your GS theme even more useful :-)
Similarly, what about the additional 3 elements that Graphberry have at the bottom of (component4) their About Us section: "About Us, Skills, We're Hiring"?
...I thought it worth asking, just in case you've already used these features :-)

I removed some elements from the original layout, as I found them unnecessary for most cases.
Maybe I'll come back to them later or come up with something else.
Now I am thinking of making a two-level menu. But I don t know yet when I ll do it.
v. 1.0.4

- New component
- On/off sidebar
Togglable sidebar is neat and I like the other extras too - good work!
Upgrading template from v1.0.3 to v1.0.4 is it possible to copy over the old cfg.php and update from that in plugin UI or is it best to start withthe new cfg and re-enter old data manually? Thanks.
(2020-06-12, 08:25:37)davetest Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading template from v1.0.3 to v1.0.4 is it possible to copy over the old cfg.php and update from that in plugin UI or is it best to start withthe new cfg and re-enter old data manually? Thanks.
Make a copy of the old cfg.php.

The new version adds new variables for the new component.

As well as new variables in the translation files.
// v.1.0.4
$my_template_admin_sidebar
Need to copy it to old translation files.

Then copy the new cfg.php
Open the plugin settings and save them.

The first time they save, PHP-notice can be. Because there are no new variables in the old cfg.php. After saving, they will appear.
(2020-06-12, 17:11:26)denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-12, 08:25:37)davetest Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading template from v1.0.3 to v1.0.4 is it possible to copy over the old cfg.php and update from that in plugin UI or is it best to start withthe new cfg and re-enter old data manually? Thanks.

// v.1.0.4

Open the plugin settings and save them.

The first time they save, PHP-notice can be. Because there are no new variables in the old cfg.php. After saving, they will appear.
I copied over old cfg.php and old content appears in both frontend and in plugin fields, but save button doesn't work. Maybe I broke old cfg, but copying that back to old template on another test site works there. I'll test further.
(2020-06-12, 19:50:50)davetest Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-12, 17:11:26)denis Wrote: [ -> ]

// v.1.0.4

Open the plugin settings and save them.

The first time they save, PHP-notice can be. Because there are no new variables in the old cfg.php. After saving, they will appear.
I copied over old cfg.php and old content appears in both frontend and in plugin fields, but save button doesn't work. Maybe I broke old cfg, but copying that back to old template on another test site works there. I'll test further.

I described an algorithm for which you can go to the next version without entering data again.

BUT the only right way is to enter the data again.
Afternoon... I just installed v1.04 of my-theme and it seems I am unable to save any changes to the plugin components
I did read this was an issue in an earlier version.
and I am running in a subdirectory and I did comment out /* Error_Reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); */
but I am not seeing any errors

Any advice?

John
(2020-06-26, 04:59:01)sidotij Wrote: [ -> ]Afternoon... I just installed v1.04 of my-theme and it seems I am unable to save any changes to the plugin components
I did read this was an issue in an earlier version.
and I am running in a subdirectory and I did comment out /* Error_Reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); */
but I am not seeing any errors

Any advice?

John

The problem with working in the subdirectory was fixed earlier.

The following code is used to determine the site directory:
Code:
function my_template_Dirname($path, $levels = 1)
{
    $arr = explode(DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, dirname($path));
    array_splice($arr, count($arr) + 1 - $levels);
    return implode(DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, $arr);
}
    $MTDIR = my_template_Dirname(__FILE__, 2);
This code should work starting with version PHP 5.2 or even earlier. My other plugins also use this method.

You can try to use GSROOTPATH instead $MTDIR.'/' (but I dont think the problem is this).

So try different versions of PHP.

Try on a different server and in the root directory, and not in a subdirectory.

Perhaps, for some reason, writing to the cfg.php file is not allowed.

I had no such problems. I dont know what else to advise.

P.S.
E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE no need to change.
In order to see php errors use GS�debug mode.
gsconfig.php
# Turn on debug mode
define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);
(2020-06-26, 06:16:29)denis Wrote: [ -> ]P.S.
In order to see php errors use GS debug mode.
gsconfig.php
# Turn on debug mode
define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);

some useful info from the debug (PHP Version 7.2.31 by the way)

Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function filefputs(), 2 passed in /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template/admin.php on line 641 and exactly 3 expected in /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template/admin.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template/admin.php(641): filefputs('/home/storms/...', '<?php \r\n\t') #1 /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template.php(65): require('/home/storms/...') #2 /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/admin/load.php(39): my_template_options() #3 {main} thrown in /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template/admin.php on line 31
(2020-06-26, 06:28:28)sidotij Wrote: [ -> ]
In order to see php errors use GS debug mode.
gsconfig.php
# Turn on debug mode
define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);

some useful info from the debug

Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function filefputs(), 2 passed in /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template/admin.php on line 641 and exactly 3 expected in /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template/admin.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template/admin.php(641): filefputs('/home/storms/...', '<?php \r\n\t') #1 /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template.php(65): require('/home/storms/...') #2 /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/admin/load.php(39): my_template_options() #3 {main} thrown in /home/storms/public_html/nailedit/sandbox/plugins/my-template/admin.php on line 31

What version of php and GS?
(2020-06-26, 06:40:56)denis Wrote: [ -> ]
In order to see php errors use GS debug mode.
gsconfig.php
# Turn on debug mode
define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);

PHP version is 7.2.31
GS Version is 3.3.16

and thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot this
(2020-06-26, 06:43:11)sidotij Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-26, 06:40:56)denis Wrote: [ -> ]
In order to see php errors use GS debug mode.
gsconfig.php
# Turn on debug mode
define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);

PHP version is 7.2.31
GS Version is 3.3.16

and thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot this

Try PHP 5.2 - 7.0
Perhaps this is due to changes in the new version of PHP (mabe my filefputs function does not work correctly in PHP version later than 7.0)
(2020-06-26, 06:49:55)denis Wrote: [ -> ]Try PHP 5.2 - 7.0 
Perhaps this is due to changes in the new version of PHP (my filefputs function)

ah... don't think I am able to do that on my host

I appreciate your work tho and it's a gorgeous theme

John
(2020-06-26, 06:51:34)sidotij Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-26, 06:49:55)denis Wrote: [ -> ]Try PHP 5.2 - 7.0
Perhaps this is due to changes in the new version of PHP (my filefputs function)

ah... don't think I am able to do that on my host

I appreciate your work tho and it's a gorgeous theme

John

Most hosting offers the ability to change the version of PHP in the admin panel.

I use free hosting, but if I have the opportunity, I will test on PHP 7.2
And if it turns out that this is the problem, I will redo this function later.
(2020-06-26, 07:00:08)denis Wrote: [ -> ]Most hosting offers the ability to change the version of PHP in the admin panel.

with 7.0 past end of life, it's a restriction
(2020-06-26, 07:11:59)sidotij Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-26, 07:00:08)denis Wrote: [ -> ]Most hosting offers the ability to change the version of PHP in the admin panel.

I did not understand this phrase.

In php 7.0. should work.

Also try:
/plugins/my-template/admin.php (line 31)
function filefputs($file, $str, $q) { ...change to... function filefputs($file, $str, $q='') {
I tested on PHP 7.2. It is necessary to make changes about which I wrote above and everything should work.

I made changes and updated the archive.
(2020-06-26, 07:30:41)denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-26, 07:11:59)sidotij Wrote: [ -> ]

I did not understand this phrase.

In php 7.0. should work.

Also try:
admin.php (line 31)
function filefputs($file, $str, $q) { ...change to... function filefputs($file, $str, $q='') {

and that Sir did the trick! you are a rock star

what I meant by 7.0 is past end of life is that php v7.0.x is no longer supported according to the php website so my host will not let me run an unsupported version of php
https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

That being said... thank you again for taking the time to help me out

John
Moving right along and thanks to this theme I think we have a pretty tight looking site.

Next question... has anyone noted a small issue with Component 1 on mobile?
I'm not seeing the text or graphic on my mobile devices.. I can see the line for the slides and I can see the arrows but scaling below 481px the image disappears

I've been trying to find where the mobile sizes are defined but no luck yet

John
The template uses Bootstrap 2 framework & Bootstrap 3 carousel for big slider (original slider from this theme - https://www.graphberry.com/products/prev...html-theme).

Strange, here all good:
http://www.responsinator.com/?url=http%3...et.tech%2F

And here:
http://mattkersley.com/responsive/

I do not know how much you can believe what the sites listed above or similar show.

What devices have you tried on? Need print screens. Which slider do you use? Big or small. In the big slider, arrows are hidden when viewed on a mobile device. Go to next slide - by swipe. Which browsers were tested in?

On android 8, everything is displayed normally.

Perhaps you are using an old browser.
Bonjour Denis, est-il possible de dupliquer un composant pour en avoir 12, 13, ... et si oui, comment le faire. Je vous remercie
(2020-07-02, 18:01:57)cybernhard Wrote: [ -> ]Bonjour Denis, est-il possible de dupliquer un composant pour en avoir 12, 13, ... et si oui, comment le faire. Je vous remercie

Hello, no, duplicating the built-in components in this template by simple copying will not work. They have their own backend and frontend. This is done manually for each new component and requires code change.

In order to duplicate (creating a new) the built-in component in this template, you need to have some knowledge of php, html, javascript, css.
Pages: 1 2 3 4