GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: HTML code on pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning to all,
I do not know if this is the correct section ..
I need to see and to modify the html code of the pages but i will able to see the source code of pages by browser but i do not know where to found it on the various pages ( that are all .xml extension ) and if it is possible.
I need it because , for example, i must add the google code for statistic
thanks and bye
Just edit the page and click the biggest CKeditor's button named "show source"
Thanks for suggest but what i mean is to see all the html code of the page how i can see clicking ctrl+U on the browser with forefox for example.
I need to see and modify the html code seeing tha tag body head etc..
using that you say i only see the text on the page that i select and not all the code.
i hope to be explained better and i m sorry for my english
dangerin Wrote:(...) I need to see and modify the html code seeing tha tag body head etc..
Not completely sure I'm getting you, but you can always open up your template(s) in your text editor of choice. There's one or more .php files in a theme's folder, the main template always being template.php.

If you want to directly edit a page's source including the template's markup, that is, as far as I know, not possible.
I've edited various php files related at the template interested but i do not found the html code but only php script .
so for this i ask to you how i can add or modify html code with this great cms .
With other cms is fairly simple but here ( i'm very very new on this ) i've not found for now
i've tried to use an other theme and I've found on TEMPLATE.PHP ( for this theme - pixelstudioregular ) and now i try to insert tha analytics code.
But in an other theme that is that i use ( innovation ) on the template.php related at that theme there is not the html code bu only pho script
Can be that there is not html code on a template ?

Thanks .
dangerin Wrote:(...) With other cms is fairly simple (...)
Which CMS are those? Maybe that'll give us a hint.
i said other cms but i've tried just only joomla and wordpress not a lot and i've ever found the html code. but i think that this template is particular
dangerin Wrote:Can be that there is not html code on a template ?
Yes, you can have a template.php file with no html: it means that template.php will have a lot of php statements such as include('header.php') and include('footer.php') (in Innovation, for example). The included Innovation theme is quite a difficult one to learn with, because almost all of the page content to be shown in the browser is in other files (header.php, footer.php, ... ) or comes from the CMS (get_page_content(), ... ). If you have a look at the template.php file in the Cardinal theme folder, it is much easier to see the html page structure.

Google code may belong in either the <head> section or at the end of the <body> section (just before </body>, perhaps) depending on which Google services you are using.

You can edit the theme files in the admin backend: Theme->Edit Theme opens a text editor; the drop-down menus at the top of the window allow you to select the theme and the file within the theme.

Example, to add Google code to the bottom of every page on the site, in Innovation:
  • Go to Theme->Edit Theme in the admin panel
  • Select 'Innovation' from the left menu list
  • Select 'footer.php' from the right menu list
  • Click the 'Edit' button and the file will be shown in the editing window
  • Almost at the end of the text are two lines, </body> and </html>. These are at the end of the html file for the browser
  • Add your Google code just above the </body> line and just below the </footer> line
  • Click the 'Save Changes' button
  • Done

If you need to put the code in the html <head> section, you must edit the Innovation header.php file. It should probably go just above the line with the </head> tag.

Note: you must check to see where in the page Google recommends that you place their code.
Wonderful !
THANK YOU..
but you are a layer.. :-P you are not a newbie.. you are very good ! ! :-)
I've putted the code on the footer how the google repository indicate.
now i must only wait that return the control of code .
great answer and clear suggest.
Bye