GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Google map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi at all,
Who has an expample of waht to do and where to insert the code (% googlemap %) that has indicated on the description of this plug in ?
what does it mean with the back end ? 'ive inserted this code on pages or on page but does not happen nothing.
Bye
dangerin Wrote:Hi at all,
Who has an expample of waht to do and where to insert the code (% googlemap %) that has indicated on the description of this plug in ?
what does it mean with the back end ? 'ive inserted this code on pages or on page but does not happen nothing.
Bye

ach dangerin, I wonder which plugin you will test next and ask for basics ;=)

go to Plugins / at the right side: Googlemap / enter all the data you want

enter the code in a page and load that side in the browser, for example:

in http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple398/googlemaps I entered the code

Code:
(% googlemap %)

and when I load http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple398/googlemaps the map is there

maybe you empty the cache of your browser, force a reload of the page (SHIFT-F5 in Firefox for example)

this plugin works!
Thank you now i understand better.
you have only written thta code on the page googlemaps ?
i ask because when i do it appear the word and not the map
Bye
dangerin Wrote:Thank you now i understand better.
you have only written thta code on the page googlemaps ?
i ask because when i do it appear the word and not the map
Bye

before you enter the code, switch to "Sourcecode" in the editor, otherwise the special characters will be escaped and printed, not interpreted
yes i've also turned on source code but in that case do not appear nothing
being that not appearing nothing i tried to wite on the page but i know that all i write without the source code activate is that i 'll see on page by WYSiWYG but i've also tried .. :-)
empty space after and before the %?

Code:
(% googlemap %)
Hi, sorry for not helping earlier. I have not seen this post.

Spaces after the% sign are not important, it works anyway. but before the sign must not have spaces.
If there a space before a % sign then it will be seen "tag" and not the map..

It is rare not work. So far it has worked fine.
Tested with version 3. with earlier versions does not work.

(thanks for you help, connie)
so, dangerine, please tell us which GS version are you using?

And if it is version 3, and you still have no success, I offer you to send me the URL and the login data of your installation and I will have a look
i've ther versione 3 beta and now has gone ok.
Thank you
dangerin Wrote:i've ther versione 3 beta and now has gone ok.
Thank you

ah. ok. great!
@singulae,

I checked your plugin how to translate and found that this was possible by adding a new array (in that case de_DE)

so I did, I added it to my repository at Github

Now I see that there is some text which could be translated: The Geo-Code-Alert:

Code:
Geocode was not successful for the following reason:

is it possible to add that to the language strings? And do you see an option to prepare the plugin for the Translate-Plugin-Translations?

Cheers, Connie
Connie Wrote:is it possible to add that to the language strings? And do you see an option to prepare the plugin for the Translate-Plugin-Translations?

Cheers, Connie

Connie
Thanks for your contribution.
You're right .. I'll put the translations in the language files.
I did not before because I thought it was little text to create a file.
But to comply with the rules will do so plugins can be easily translated.

thanks again
singulae Wrote:You're right .. I'll put the translations in the language files.
thanks again

Això és bo per a escoltar , That is good to hear!
If there is anyone out there that doesn't mind answering BASIC questions, can you please let me know if this is correct:
Code:
$gmap_lang['en_US'] = array(
    "TITLE"        => "Google Map Settings",
    "INTRO"        => "<p>This plugin places, anywhere on the page, a google map.</p><p><b>How to use:</b> Add on page the following tag:<b> (% googlemap %) </b></p>",
    "WIDTH"        => "800px",
    "HEIGHT"    => "800px",
    "ADDRESS"    => "3415 Union Road, Gastonia NC",
    "ZOOM"        => "Zoom (14)",
    "MAPTYPE"    => "ROADMAP",
    "MAPTYPEDESC"    =>array("",
                             "(displays a normal street map)",
                             "(displays satellite images)",
                             "(displays a transparent layer of major streets on satellite images)",
                             "(displays maps with physical features such as terrain and vegetation)"),
    "IMAGE"        => "Path/URL of image for the placemark",
    "INFO"        => "Balloon tip with extra information. For example name, address, phone ...",
    "REQUIRED"=> "[The fields marked with * are required]"

I have only entered the ***Required*** fields.

The result I get is the default map singulae location. It's as if no parameters were entered.

If this is the wrong place, I strongly suggest you edit the Installation instructions to point to tehe right place. I'm sure you don't want to nebulus on purpose.

Thanks in advance,

SNZ
hello snooze
If you change the address field and save the settings, should work fine, as these data are stored in the xml file. (data / other / googlemap-settings-xml).
mm .. may not be written data?
The remaining non-mandatory fields you leave blank to not display on the map.

Now that I look carefully your post, I see that you have the address placed on the array of translation .. there should only contain the translation of the text displayed in settings page ..

No need to edit the plugin. You just have to configure it from the settings page ... in the plugins tab ..
Connie Wrote:Això és bo per a escoltar

Das ist gut zu hören!!

The plugin is now updated (v0.5) with language files (also with your translation) and compatible with Translator plugin.
Hi,

I'm new on GetSimple, can you explain me how I can use parammeter in (% googlemap %), please.
Especially address, placemark (with extra info), and zoom.

Thank you,
Janolapin Wrote:Hi,

I'm new on GetSimple, can you explain me how I can use parammeter in (% googlemap %), please.
Especially address, placemark (with extra info), and zoom.

Thank you,

Hi,

Enter to Admin zone, then go to Pages and put, in a created page, the "code" (% googlemap %).
Then go to Plugins. In right column you see Google Map button: click it..

In the form displayed:
Address: put 'real' address, f.ex.: Rue Vie en Rose, 25, París, France
Placemark: put path to image.. f.ex: http://www.mygetsimple.fr/uploads/myimg.png
Zoom: number of zoom.. 1 to 21

if you do not put anything in the fields are not mandatory, these data are not displayed on the page..

The best way to see how it works is to try it.
Remember to save changes in admin and reload the page "public" to see the changes.

I hope I've helped you
Oh OK I tried to integrate parameters in (% googlemap %) like with other plugin I use.
Thanks you very mutch for your help, and this great plugin Smile

EDIT : Off topic but, I just translated your plugin in French (fr_FR) if you are interested :
Code:
<?php
$i18n = array(
    'TITLE' => "Paramètres de Google Map"
  , 'INTRO' => "<p>Ce plugin affiche, où vous le désirez dans une page, une carte Google Map.</p><p><b>Pour l'utiliser:</b> Ajoutez ce tag sur votre page:<b> (%googlemap%) </b></p>"
  , 'WIDTH' => "*Largeur"
  , 'HEIGHT' => "*Hauteur"
  , 'ADDRESS' => "*Adresse"
  , 'ZOOM' => "*Zoom (0-21)"
  , 'MAPTYPE' => "Type de carte par défaut"
  , 'ROADMAP' => "Carte routière"
  , 'SATELLITE' => "Vue Satellite"
  , 'HYBRID' => "Vue Hybride"
  , 'TERRAIN' => "Vue du terrain"
  , 'DESC_ROADMAP' => "(affiche un plan classique)"
  , 'DESC_SATELLITE' => "(affiche des images satellite)"
  , 'DESC_HYBRID' => "(affiche une surcouche avec les principales rues, sur une vue satellite)"
  , 'DESC_TERRAIN' => "(affiche une carte avec les détails géographiques, comme le terrain ou la végétation)"
  , 'IMAGE' => "Chemin/URL de l'image du marqueur"
  , 'INFO' => "Info-bulle contenant des informations supplémentaires. Par exemple nom, adresse, téléphone ..."
  , 'REQUIRED' => "[Les champs marqué * sont obligatoires]"
);
Janolapin Wrote:EDIT : Off topic but, I just translated your plugin in French (fr_FR) if you are interested :

fantastic! I will include it in the plugin!

(I put "Janolapin" as the name of the translator? or put another?)
Hello!

I installed the google maps plugin. In the admin interface at the plugin menus I filled out datas, and then created a new page named map and I have inserted this code: (%googlemap%)
Then I checked the website, but does not appear on the map. Of course, I upgraded (ctrl + f5), unfortunately, unsuccessful.
I can not figure out the mistake, could you help me?

Szili
szili,

just a shot in the dark: have you gotten yourself a Google Maps API key? If not, the map won't be loaded. Edit: seems the plugin doesn't need a key.

More info from you would be helpful, since we can't know what data you actually filled in... maybe attach a screenshot of the respective, filled-in, plugin forms?
Hello!

The requested screen can be found in this link. So far there was no Google API key, but now generates one. What to do with the key?
szili,

I always thought one needed an API key to place Google maps on a page which this plugin apparently doesn't need. I just tested the plugin and it worked without a key. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not sure what the problem could be, let's wait a bit until others chime in here.
Hello!

Okay, wait for the others.

Another thing: I modified a bit the simple contact-plugin, and I think it is better than the original. Could this be published somewhere?

Amendments:
-The letter sends in HTML form, so thus eliminating the encoding error (the Hungarian accented characters were incorrectly displayed and I think this may be a problem with other nations’ language...)
-In the case of invalid captcha response, the entered data does not disappear.
-And it found that the correct captcha response often not accepted, it also has been corrected.
Pages: 1 2