GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Disable auto-formatting in Edit Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to add PHP in-line to an HTML post - specifically from the Child Menu plugin:
Code:
<?php go_child_menu(); ?>

If I add this (or other code the parser doesn't like), my code gets changed:
Code:
<!--?php go_child_menu(); ?-->

I've seen some similar posts in the forum regarding this feature, but I haven't found how to disable it. In other words, I want the code I type in a post to remain as-is. How might I be able to do that?
I think you you can use this plugin: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/exec-php/17/

-Rob A>
Thanks for that. It seems to help, but I still need to "trick" it into letting me write PHP in the post.

If I post the code in the Source window, then immediately hit "Save updates", then the page will display properly.

If I reopen the edit page, or switch to WYSIWYG editor then back again, it changes my PHP to comment code, and once again the page won't run my PHP code.

Any way to get the editor to just trust that the code I'm writing is "clean", and doesn't need formatting?
You can also put the php code in a component and include that component in the page with the DynPages plugin.