GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Get Simple with Page Lime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am interested in hearing from anyone with experiences with CMS sites like Page Lime. I know there others, but I have been using Page Lime for other projects. Some of the users on sites I have built would not in this lifetime be able to navigate Get Simple as easy as it is, so I want to implement something like this for them to make simple edits on their own.

Page Lime wants its "cms-editable" tag within certain tags, like DIVs, Headings, etc. but not all tags. I tried putting a simple passage in a DIV with the ID and Class. It published on the Page Lime control panel and appear as changed, but the live site had the old passage, unchanged.

A I stated, if there are other sites that seem to work without a lot of tweaking, I will switch. Just as long as the result is workable. I appreciate referrals and your expert assistance as always.

SNZ
I have had a lot of experience with pagelime (at one having more then 100 clients using it).

In the end I found it to be way to slow, buggy, and my clients actually had a hard time using it.
I personally have seen much better results from clients using getsmiple.
mikeh Wrote:In the end I found it to be way to slow, buggy, and  my clients actually had a hard time using it.
Yaa! (Yes, I know they buy an ad below on the site, but it's always very nice to hear this from someone who has had ample work with both of us)
mikeh Wrote:I have had a lot of experience with pagelime (at one having more then 100 clients using it).

In the end I found it to be way to slow, buggy, and my clients actually had a hard time using it.

So, I guess that's a No!
snooze Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:I have had a lot of experience with pagelime (at one having more then 100 clients using it).

So, I guess that's a No!

Sorry, I miss-read your post.

How easy it will be to convert to getsimple really depends on the complexity of the websites.
How many pages are these sites? How complex are the layouts?

The themeing system in getsimple is really easy, you need nothing more then a normal static template and a basic knowledge of ftp/copy & pasting (imo).

Below is a screenshot of a basic static html file before getsimple conversion, and another after:

Before Convert:

[Image: before-convert.png]

------------------------------------

After Conversion:

[Image: after-convert.png]