GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Local installation on MAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem, i want to work more on my Mac and don't want to upload to the server. My PHP is up and running but i can not install GetSimple. The message

"Unable to continue: Unable to write config file. CHMOD 777 the folders /data, /backups and their sub-folders and retry"

It is not possible to change from 700 to 777, i have take a look on the web and there are more people ho has this problem. I'm using php the right version installed standard on the mac. Is there some other option to get a good instal.

Als if i try a website with GetSimple who is online and i make the copy to my Mac he shows only text and not the original layout. Mayby the same problem that the DATA and BACKUPS are chmod on 700. Is there anybody who has a solution for this?
unfortunately not me, as I do not know MAC and it's specialities at all, but as it seems to me to be a general problem of MAC dealing with permissions, why not find a solution in a mac orientated forum,

I found a lot of sites googling for "mac server file permission" and wikipedia gives this link: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/File_Se..._v10.4.pdf