GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Weird string on top of my page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I created a GetSimple page few days ago but I can't figure out how to eliminate a weird string of nonsense simbols on top of the page. See image attached. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.
SirBanipal Wrote:Hi, I created a GetSimple page few days ago but I can't figure out how to eliminate a weird string of nonsense simbols on top of the page. See image attached. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

do you still see that string when you change the template?

which version of GS did you install? 2.0.3 or 3?
Yes, the string is still there. It is visible even in the login page (everywhere, when I login and work on the page...).
I installed version GetSimple3.0

Connie Wrote:
SirBanipal Wrote:Hi, I created a GetSimple page few days ago but I can't figure out how to eliminate a weird string of nonsense simbols on top of the page. See image attached. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

do you still see that string when you change the template?

which version of GS did you install? 2.0.3 or 3?
apple.quarantine...

this looks like a antivirus notice or something

I suggest you try to save the pages you made already and delete everything at your site and re-install new
Doing a quick search on google for the error.
I've found many pages that recommend you run the following command.
Something about a quarantine flag being set on some downloaded files.

Code:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ./*

Don't have access to a MAC so don't know if this works....

edit:

Found this also:

In 10.5 when something is downloaded to your Download folder a quarantine attribute is put on the file until it's opened. Problem is it doesn't work all the time. When you move your site to your server it will cause you that error. You can use xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ./* to remove the attributes, re-upload your site to your server, and things should work.