GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Login page doesn't translate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GS 3.0 has pretty weird bug that I have notice.

Basically when you go to login page at the first time, it doesn't translate that, it's just in english.

But after you login and logout, then login page is translated.

---

I have tested my own Finnish language file and some other language too, same problem.
this was a bug found previously as the language file is set per person - and when you are logged out the system doesnt defaults to en_us

in 3.1 it will default to en_us only if it is present... if pl_PL is the only file in the lang directory, it will default to that instead
Thanks for explanation, just wondered how to gain any control over first-time-login messages.

1. Do you recommend above deleting en_US from production file set? Any drawbacks al or systemhealth risks?
2. Is it possible to have login page display in desired language (from the ones present in "lang" folder)? Ex with serving a variable in URL - site.com/admin/index.php?lang=pl_PL or any other?
3.Since 3.0 is capable of multiuser login does it make sense to define login language independent of users' settings?
Hello!

we have a german site and our admin login page is in german.

1) I cleared all cookies and cache to check, it is in german

2) in gsconfig.php:

Code:
# Set PHP locale
# http://php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'de_DE');
$LANG = 'de_DE';

3) in admin/lang we have english and german language file and the login is always in german, is translated

I do not see your problem

is there sense to use GetSimple with multi-users and different languages? I think in that rare case the small amount of text on the login page can be in english or other language, name and password are quite common, if you are italian, indian or irish ...

Cheers, Connie