GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: One more contact form question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry about posting again, this is different issue. I am happy with the p01-contact except for one minor thing: I would like to make all entry spaces wider, but cannot figure out which file(s) I have to change. I can see the text area specified as 100% but the real life result is the textarea is just 160 pixels wide and about the same height.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I did some minor changes in the Captcha area that can be viewed in http://www.helcan.com/contact-us/

Thank you all

Costas
Costas,

sorry I was no help in the other thread ;=(

Here is some CSS formatting.
When you add this into the css-file of your theme, you can define the width:

Code:
.p01-contact {
    width: 999px;
}
.p01-contact .text input{width:999px;}
.p01-contact .captcha input{width:999px;}
.p01-contact textarea{width:999px;height:auto}

For demonstration purpose, I set the 4 relevant parts to 999px

so choose which width you want to have and add this, you must not stick to a percentage, you can set absolute values!

Cheers, Connie

if you want a complete definition for the contact-style, try this, this is what I found and what I use at some pages:

Code:
.p01-contact {
    position:relative;
    padding: 20px;
    color:inherit;
    margin-left:-5px;
    margin-bottom:20px;    
    overflow:hidden;    
    -webkit-border-radius: 8px;
    -moz-border-radius: 8px;
    border-radius: 8px;
    behavior: url(/PIE.htc);}

.p01-contact .field{margin-bottom:10px}
.p01-contact .field.captcha{float:left}
.p01-contact .text input{width:999px;
.p01-contact .captcha input{width:999px;color:inherit !important;background-color:#FFF;}

.p01-contact .text input,
.p01-contact .captcha input,
.p01-contact textarea {
    background-color:#FFF;
    border:1px solid #DDD;    
    font-size:12px;
    color:inherit !important;
    padding:5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 4px;
    -moz-border-radius: 4px;
    border-radius: 4px;
    behavior: url(/PIE.htc);}

.p01-contact .text input {color:inherit;}

.p01-contact .submit{
    position:absolute;
    bottom:20px;
    right:20px;
    -moz-border-radius:10.2em 10.2em 10.2em 10.2em;
    -moz-box-shadow:0 0.1em 0.2em rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
    background-color:#666;
    border-bottom:0.2em solid #666666;
    color:#FFF;
    cursor:pointer;
    font-size:1em;
    line-height:1;
    padding:0.3em 0.6em;
    text-shadow:0 0 0.1em #666;}
Hello Connie, this is not my day with either Get Simple or with my computer or both. I am not sure if you read my other thread with email send to wrong address http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1757/...tact-form/

This time I first added the
Code:
.p01-contact {
}
.p01-contact .text input{width:999px;}
.p01-contact .captcha input{width:999px;}
in the default.css file of my theme which is the Default-Simple. I added it under the the body and wrapper area (in line 32), saved it and uploaded to my site. Nothing happened and I become suspicious, so I downloaded the same file back to my computer, checked for the change and it was not there. I repeated the upload a few times and I even changed permissions to 777 and the same problem, not there.
I will try and figure out what is going on in the next hour or so and report back, for now no luck.

Thank you very much and your input ia always very valuable to me.

Costas
Costas,

when you cannot edit the css online, download it, open it in a good editor (notepad++ for example) and add the code there

after that you can upload it via FTP and it will work

it is a pity that you have so many problems, I will have a look into the other thread later today

Cheers, Connie
Hello Connie, finally problem is solved. After numerous up and downs I just realized that css at time (or is it all time) it is very picky in the structure of the code. So I was writing initially:
Code:
/* CONTACT FORM */
.p01-contact{width: 500px;}
.p01-contact .text input{width:500px;}
.p01-contact .captcha input{width:275px;}
.p01-contact textarea{width:500px;height:auto}

when I switched to:
Code:
/* CONTACT FORM */
.p01-contact {
    width: 500px;
}
.p01-contact .text input {width:500px;
}
.p01-contact .captcha input {width:275px;
}
.p01-contact textarea {width:500px;height:auto
}

All is now fine and the form looks a bit nicer: http://www.helcan.com/contact-us/

I really hate computers !!!
Jassou Costas,

well this cannot be the real reason as both ways are correct, but who cares, now it is working for you
and that makes a good sunday evening

Cheers, Connie
Connie Wrote:Costas,

when you cannot edit the css online, download it, open it in a good editor (notepad++ for example) and add the code there

after that you can upload it via FTP and it will work

it is a pity that you have so many problems, I will have a look into the other thread later today

Cheers, Connie

Thank you Connie you are very kind, don't worry about the other problem. I open both emails every day, so it doesn't really matter. Just what bothers me are the mysteries of computing. For the last 3 or 4 years I am using UBUNTU which was amazing at start, but now it started giving me problems too and I am not getting younger (at 73), one day I will give up dealing with computers.

Take care
Costas
Connie Wrote:Costas,

if you want a complete definition for the contact-style, try this, this is what I found and what I use at some pages:

Code:
.p01-contact {
[b]behavior: url(/PIE.htc);[/b]
}

Good morning Connie, I know it is night time now in Germany, one more question for tomorrow: What is the meaning of the url(/PIE.htc);

Sorry if I have become a pest.

All the best

Costas
Hey Costas,
maybe an other german can help you Wink
It's a CSS Property you can read more about on http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/behavior . And with the "PIE.htc" file you can teach the IE 6-8 some CSS3 stuff.

@Connie Ich hoffe, Ich habe dir nicht den Job geklaut Wink

Cheers, Dani
dani,

I must admit I did not know that 100% I just know that it works ... had no time to go into that behaviour further ..
some forums are not excepting the request of posting , need some solution to get rid of that
Thank you dani, Connie and pima cotton, It is always useful to learn new things. I will keep this in mind. Personally I did not use IE 6-8 or any other one for years now.
Also sorry that my German is close to zero

Take care

Costas
Yassou Costas,

good to see you back here!

You should not thank Pima Cotton, he is just a forum spammer (I deleted his advertisements from the post) ;=)

Cheers, Connie
Connie Wrote:Yassou Costas,

good to see you back here!

You should not thank Pima Cotton, he is just a forum spammer (I deleted his advertisements from the post) ;=)

Cheers, Connie

Thank you Connie, I wish I knew a few words in German, but I can see you do know some words in Greek, so I would say: Efxaristo Connie
I have many spammers in my own Forums, for now they are out of Get Simple (one good thing about a single user software.

Take care

Costas
Hallo Costas,

δεν υπάρχει πρόβλημα (no problem!)

I am glad you are free of spam and enjoy GetSimple!

My dictionary says, Get simple = Πάρτε απλά , is this correct?

Cheers, Connie
Connie Wrote:Hallo Costas,

Cheers, Connie
How do you say you are amazing in German? I am sure you have spent sometime in Greece. If you can read Greek, as it sounds here, visit my other site: http://www.zhteitai-komma.com/ which is Drupal based or http://www.zk.ellada-mas.com/ which has only sections of the previous and is based on Get Simple.

All the best to you,
σε ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ

Κώστας (Costas)
PS: Yes your translation for Get Simple is perfect
Kostas,

I spent many times in Greece when I was a student in the 70s... in Peloponnes, southern Kriti and in Alexandropoulis, I travelled a lot at the mainland, and I did some semesters study of greek language at university, but this is 35 years ago ;=(

addio,

Connie
Connie Wrote:Kostas,

I spent many times in Greece when I was a student in the 70s... in Peloponnes, southern Kriti and in Alexandropoulis, I travelled a lot at the mainland, and I did some semesters study of greek language at university, but this is 35 years ago ;=(

addio,

Connie
addio is an Italian word and generally when used in Greek it means Good buy for ever. I hope this is not the case. We are debating with my wife to visit Greece in September, but the way things are at the moment we are not sure yet.

If you want me to confuse you further, I was born in Egypt, 73 years ago and lived in Greece only 20 years. I still speak some Arabic but unfortunately I cannot write it.

Take care

Kostas
Connie Wrote:Hallo Costas,

Cheers, Connie

Connie ....
Get simple ... means exactly πάρτε απλά but it's meaning Είναι Απλό (It's Simple)
Ευχαριστώ !!!
meanwhille

Did anyone know why

When someone (or maybe me) send an email via p01 contact form everyhing in utf-8 appear correctly in Greek lanq, exept field "name" (and this is only in header I think)

And in time field I got Thu, 19 May 2011 17:22:57 -0400
but the message was sent in Thu, 19 May 2011 00:22:57

I use in GS config
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'el_GR'); and my timezone is correct Europe/Athens