GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: what is Getsimple?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GetSimple is an awesome simple CMS solution. It offers exactly what’s needed for setting up a small but powerful website. It uses no MySQL making setting up a breeze and the best part, it’s absolutely FREE!
why do you tell us what we already know?

Are you so excited or do you want to spam here? I don't know ;=(
Connie you joker :-)
Actually i am a little confused on what it is and how it works. i recently started my own website and am tryiing to figure out a lot of stuff seeing as i dont know much about computers. i downloaded version 3.0 but now i dont know what to do. someone helppp please
@katiepecbvda: did you try to follow the installation steps?
Hi everyone,

I wanted to find out some more about Getsimple and went to "About" to see the UI screenshots.
But there seems to be something wrong there.

When I click on the different slides, all I see is the very bottom of the slides.

Can someone help me?
coffee11 Wrote:Can someone help me?

I had the same situation: the slides load, but then only the top of the following slides was shown, I did a reload of the page 3 times and after that I got all the slides

I also noted that that translate.google.api was loading all the time and did not finish, so maybe it was interfering in the process

just try again and do some reloads!

Cheers, Connie
i only have a little information about Getsimple. i work as freelance article writer and almost 8 hours i spend my time for surfing on the internet. i have downloaded for 3.0 version and have no idea what to do next. how is actually Gestsimple help me in a web world?
It does seem kind of weird what stop_shop_peapod posted.
Hi guys

I am new to getsimple and just wanted to know how exactly do you install this system. I have experience in building wordpress and Joomla sites, but this I am a little confused with installing. Any help would be great!
read the WIKI

If you tell us that you are an expert in JOOMLA but confused by GetSimple, it can only be because of GetSimples beautiful simplicity
How could installing GS be more problematic than installing winXP ?
Put a brick on ENTER key, and that's almost all interaction you need to have Smile
I will say, I am still learning about getsimple but I have always blogged with wordpress and used their plugins. I am very interested in what I can do with this tool. My mother is starting a business and I may recommend this to her for her first website, plus the forum looks helpful.
this is a great revelation for us ;=?)
Yes it is! It looks like a pretty solid CMS.
Oleg06 Wrote:Connie you joker :-)
Hi,
These templates seem quite nice. However, I can't understand Russian. Are they available elsewhere in English?
elcama Wrote:
Oleg06 Wrote:Connie you joker :-)
Hi,
These templates seem quite nice. However, I can't understand Russian. Are they available elsewhere in English?
here only themes for 2.03 without plugins
http://get-simple.info/extend/all_themes.php
apocaloop Wrote:Yes it is! It looks like a pretty solid CMS.

Is there a page somewhere that compares GetSimple to WordPress? thank you.
mtnmel Wrote:Is there a page somewhere that compares GetSimple to WordPress? thank you.
And what would you like to compare ?
Everything about GS is described in its statement: http://get-simple.info/start/mission-statement/
GS is meant for small websites,webcards, and maybe online folios, with a simple, and friendly management for non-technical users, with "couple" plugins developed by its small community.

WP is a ... hmmm ... once a blog platform, but now a CMS for everything: small sites, big sites, e-commerce, portals, social networks with thousands of plugins and templates.
Directly opposite to what GS is, and what does offer.