GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Pro and Cons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a post for pros and cons of this CMS? Would like to know what the shortcomings are if any.
Read the forum and the WIKI and find out about the simplicity and beauty of this system

Compare at cmsmatrix.org

we will not tell you about our "cons" ;=)
rfq, we have no CONS. thanks Smile
We don't have CONS but we do have Connie. Wink

I was also wondering about this subject. When does the xml-file format gives slowdowns. I mean I thought that using xml as database is good for small sites but bad with big sites, so where is the border? If I would have a site with a lot of pages (around 30) with galleries of 20 pictures per page, would that slow down? I know where this cms is intended for, but it would be nice to know where the limit is.

btw. the cmsmatrix website seams outdated (still using GetSimple version 1.0), two other cms-en I compared there with GS are old/outdated too.

cmsmatrix.org Wrote:CMS comparison data is added/maintained by the vendors who develop the products. If a product is out of date or not included in the matrix, be sure to contact the vendor for the software and ask them to update or add their product listing on CMSmatrix.org.

Maybe Chris can update the version there?

btw.2 I think this topic should be moved, allthough the section called "general questions" doesn't exist.
Maybe a F.A.Q. section is an idea, where people can ask general questions about GS. The most importand questions are then added in a sticky closed topic.
Ok, I am a complete noobie to GetSimple. I currently use Wordpress and have no issues but I was sent this site by a friend and so I thought I would check it out. I see there is no MySQL needed which is nice but it is as powerful as wordpress? Are there SEO plugins, spam plugins and the like? I am intrigued and excuse me for just asking it here but I knew it would take less time to do this than try to understand it all, I am not very techy.

I just want to use the more powerful tools that are the easiest to use.

Do ya'll recommend this taking the place of WP in my future blogs/websites?

Debby
debbyknupp Wrote:Ok, I am a complete noobie to GetSimple. I currently use Wordpress and have no issues but I was sent this site by a friend and so I thought I would check it out. I see there is no MySQL needed which is nice but it is as powerful as wordpress? Are there SEO plugins, spam plugins and the like? I am intrigued and excuse me for just asking it here but I knew it would take less time to do this than try to understand it all, I am not very techy.

I just want to use the more powerful tools that are the easiest to use.

Do ya'll recommend this taking the place of WP in my future blogs/websites?

Debby

Why do you actually want to use GetSimple instead of Wordpress?
Did you read this page: http://get-simple.info/start/mission-statement/
Quote:Why do you actually want to use GetSimple instead of Wordpress?
Did you read this page: http://get-simple.info/start/mission-statement/

@Datiswous

That page was perfect to let me know what the intent of GetSimple is.
From reading that page it is definitely downloading it and installing it as a test.
Sounds like it would be easier for smaller sites that don't require a lot, like a virtual brochure.

Do you have it installed on a site that you can send me?

Thanks
debbyknupp Wrote:Do you have it installed on a site that you can send me?
Thanks

There is a section in this forum: Sites using Getsimple

have a look there!

Cheers, Connie
I like that datiswous We don't have CONS but we do have Connie
Hello guys,

I am also a novice in Get Simple. I frequently use Wordpress as well but heard from a friend about this and when I searched on Google, I found this forum. Can anyone help in differentiating wordpress from GetSimple? Thanks I'd appreciate your help guys.
I am wondering what the major advantages of this CMS versus wordpress or mambo are?
Why do you always want to compare WP with GetSimple and try to force a discussion here?

This is nonsense. Each system has its reasons. But each system is for different audience.

WordPress is for BLOGGING (and pretends to be a CMS, too) and GetSimple is a small CMS and does not pretend to be a BLOG-System.

Basta.
Hi Connie,

Well put. With caution to avoid a comparing conversation I have a question I need to ask.
It is well known that WP is liked by the search engines which is a part of its popularity these days and people tend to use it because of that. I am sick of all the problems of it and am looking for another platform and that is why I am here.
However, SEO is an important part of my marketing strategy plan. Could you tell me if GetSimple is just as well received from the search engines and if it has any known potential disadvantages from search engine's ranking prospective?

Thank you
you have the same options as with WP (and other systems)

1) fancy URLs
2) meta info
3) key words

you do not have the problem of double-content because of different URLs for one page (I do not remember the correct phrase)

read here: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/13823/#p13823

by the way: this was my 500th posting, so go celebrate with me and forget search engines ;=)
Brilliant, Thank you for the reply. I read the post you suggested and that explained it all.

Search engines... forgotten!

Off I go to celebrate your 500th post with you.

Same place, same time? Call in the Scotch... Just kidding.. congratulations Connie
Connie Wrote:by the way: this was my 500th posting

Congrats! I think this is the fastest anyone has gotten to 500 (not that there are many of us in that category). Take a break from the forums for a little - it seems like you're on here day and night Wink

Next time I'm in Germany (probably never to be honest) i owe you and Thorsten dinner!
Connie Wrote:WordPress is for BLOGGING (and pretends to be a CMS, too) and GetSimple is a small CMS and does not pretend to be a BLOG-System.
Basta.

thanks to some plugins GetSimple is a big CMS and pretend to be a BLOG-System. Smile google translate
Comparing WP and Getsimple - you guys are right, no need to really compare. If you are looking to focus on some of the fancier work with key words and blogging and working at directing traffic - WP has some pluses. But that is truly work - getsimple is a more straightforward system. Know what you are getting into, read the posts, do your searches, read read read.
Connie Wrote:you do not have the problem of double-content because of different URLs for one page (I do not remember the correct phrase)

read here: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/13823/#p13823

Hi,

I didn't understand what you mean with that, though I read the post.

Could you explain a little bit more in detail why dc is not an issue with GS?

By the way, is there a great variety of free themes for GS?

At the moment I do use WP quite sucessfully in term of ranking and traffic, but I am open minded and
allways eager to learn and improve.

Best regards,

Aaron
Aron,

sorry, I will not re-explain this, because I have no time in the moment and I think it is explained already in the post where I linked too

there are themes around, go to the EXTEND repository (BIG link on the top!) and check the themes

Cheers, Connie