GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Admin css caching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
I have a small issue (not really an "issue" more like a fuss - so if there is nothing to do about I'll lump it).
Every time that I change page in the admin, the css is read way after (or so it seems) leaving the page temporarily a mess.
Is there a way to cache the css or do something so that the page won't look messed up while the css loads?

Thanks a bunch
Hey gg,

grumpygamer Wrote:Every time that I change page in the admin, the css is read way after (or so it seems) leaving the page temporarily a mess.
What does "leaving the page a temporary mess" mean? Which browser do you use? Is some developer utility like Firebug open? I never had a real "mess" happen with Firebug open, but it sometimes affected page loading for me.

A bit more info wouldn't hurt ;-)
i assume you are using firefox? It's been discussed a couple time around here... one guy said he fixed it by readjusting some of heading <head> elements.

in 3.1 i am doing caching of the css... so hopefully that will work better.
polyfragmented Wrote:Hey gg,

grumpygamer Wrote:Every time that I change page in the admin, the css is read way after (or so it seems) leaving the page temporarily a mess.
What does "leaving the page a temporary mess" mean? Which browser do you use? Is some developer utility like Firebug open? I never had a real "mess" happen with Firebug open, but it sometimes affected page loading for me.

A bit more info wouldn't hurt ;-)

Not "a mess" as such, just you see the page without the css applied for 1 or 2 seconds.

Quote:i assume you are using firefox?
Your assumption is correct Tongue