GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: blank screen after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to updated website to the latest version, but get emtpy page (err 500 - page unavailable) and the admin page redirects to /admin/update.php - which is also the same error.
Php version 7.2.34

Any suggestions how to run update?

/P.S. we had to restore backup to operate the website, but we still need to update it somehow
I don't know what was going wrong in your case, but just to be sure: Are you aware of the fact that any update intentionally "locks" the site? After performing an update, you need to open the backend login page once in order to remove the lock. Did you?
(2022-04-04, 20:53:49)mawel Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what was going wrong in your case, but just to be sure: Are you aware of the fact that any update intentionally "locks" the site? After performing an update, you need to open the backend login page once in order to remove the lock. Did you?

Yes, sure, I've run updates on many sites before. But I understood the problem: the client's website was too outdated with php 5.3.3, and this created problems with update. So now i need to find a way to update both - php version and GS. I guess it would be easier to transfer data and pages to the new install, but not sure if this will work...
UPD: yep, this worked fine: instead of updating the old website, i copied pages and data to the new install and it runs smoothly. Thank you!