GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I18N Gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mvlcek Wrote:
pup975 Wrote:I have JQuery activated, I've got Javascript activated on my browser, I've tried it on Firefox and IE on 2 different computers.

You are including jQuery twice (I18N Gallery and Photo Gallery). Make sure you include it only once and it is included before all other javascript.

That did it. I disabled the Photo Gallery plugin and it started to work again. Not sure why it worked before when I had both loaded up, but since I don't use Photo Gallery anymore, not a big deal. Thanks!
Any chances of getting multiple albums and many galleries per album in the near future?
andyash Wrote:Any chances of getting multiple albums and many galleries per album in the near future?

What do you mean by album?

You can add multiple galleries to one page.
You can add links to multiple gallery pages on one page (an album?).
mvlcek Wrote:
andyash Wrote:Any chances of getting multiple albums and many galleries per album in the near future?

What do you mean by album?

You can add multiple galleries to one page.
You can add links to multiple gallery pages on one page (an album?).

Well, what I meant by album was a gallery which has many galleries inside it. And there can be more such albums with more galleries inside them. So let's say there is a photographer who has an album named NATURE. This album can contain galleries named MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, SEA, FLORA, FAUNA, LANDSCAPE etc. Then he can have another album named PEOPLE which can contain galleries like MEN, WOMEN, CHILDREN, FAMILIES, TRIBAL etc.

It would greatly enhance the Gallery plugin to have this as a feature. The Photo Gallery plugin does this by adding folders and subfolders in a gallery structure but unfortunately it doesn't have gallery and image descriptions and captions.
andyash Wrote:Well, what I meant by album was a gallery which has many galleries inside it. And there can be more such albums with more galleries inside them. So let's say there is a photographer who has an album named NATURE. This album can contain galleries named MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, SEA, FLORA, FAUNA, LANDSCAPE etc. Then he can have another album named PEOPLE which can contain galleries like MEN, WOMEN, CHILDREN, FAMILIES, TRIBAL etc.

I don't really understand what you want to achieve with this. As described, you can just create a page with multiple galleries (or links to galleries) - that would be your albums.

Alternatively you can also create one gallery NATURE and tag the pictures with keywords like MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, SEA, etc. Then you can specify the tag as parameter to the call, e.g. (% gallery name=my-gallery tags=SEA %).
This way an image with a river and mountains (tagged with RIVERS and MOUNTAINS) would show in two galleries.
You can also specify two or more tags to e.g. get the images with MOUNTAINS at the SEA.
mvlcek Wrote:
andyash Wrote:Well, what I meant by album was a gallery which has many galleries inside it. And there can be more such albums with more galleries inside them. So let's say there is a photographer who has an album named NATURE. This album can contain galleries named MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, SEA, FLORA, FAUNA, LANDSCAPE etc. Then he can have another album named PEOPLE which can contain galleries like MEN, WOMEN, CHILDREN, FAMILIES, TRIBAL etc.

I don't really understand what you want to achieve with this. As described, you can just create a page with multiple galleries (or links to galleries) - that would be your albums.

Alternatively you can also create one gallery NATURE and tag the pictures with keywords like MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, SEA, etc. Then you can specify the tag as parameter to the call, e.g. (% gallery name=my-gallery tags=SEA %).
This way an image with a river and mountains (tagged with RIVERS and MOUNTAINS) would show in two galleries.
You can also specify two or more tags to e.g. get the images with MOUNTAINS at the SEA.
This worked well. Thanks.
I think this is a very good addition would be working with a menu structure. Only if it would be a photographer then I think you still would like to go a bit further.

- Watermark on photos
- Reading of picture information
- Text information about the photo by the photographer
- Keywords can hang the picture
- Order option

Once you are on decayeth where is the end.
Hello,

I thought I read it somewhere, can I add the gallery to template not on the page? What code should I put?
Code:
(% gallery name=front-slide %)
SG Wrote:I thought I read it somewhere, can I add the gallery to template not on the page? What code should I put?

See here.
Thought was right, forgot where it was, thank you @mvlcek
How can I change the s3 slider photo description color & text size? I need to match it up a little bit, ref : http://d.pr/U5ba
SG Wrote:How can I change the s3 slider photo description color & text size? I need to match it up a little bit, ref : http://d.pr/U5ba

Look at the generated HTML code and styles and add appropriate CSS rules to your style sheet, e.g.
Code:
body #s3slider-mygallername .s3slider-mygallerynameImage span {
}
mvlcek Wrote:
SG Wrote:How can I change the s3 slider photo description color & text size? I need to match it up a little bit, ref : http://d.pr/U5ba

Look at the generated HTML code and styles and add appropriate CSS rules to your style sheet, e.g.
Code:
body #s3slider-mygallername .s3slider-mygallerynameImage span {
}

Oh, I thought there's some kind settings on the backend, it's fine though, thanks
Hi All

I'm totally new to Getsimple and the i18N Gallery.
So far everything worked.

But now, i have created a gallery and wanted to add it on a Page

i already set ASP_TAGS to On in the PHP settings, but its always showing

(% gallery name = test %) instead of the gallery.

does someone have a hint what could be wrong?

Thanks!
Jahmann Wrote:Hi All

I'm totally new to Getsimple and the i18N Gallery.
So far everything worked.

But now, i have created a gallery and wanted to add it on a Page

i already set ASP_TAGS to On in the PHP settings, but its always showing

(% gallery name = test %) instead of the gallery.

does someone have a hint what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Have you try one of the possible solutions on page 1 ?
Oh, i'm sorry i read it through and was so focussed on the ASP_Tags, that i overlooked the get_header thing.

It works now.

shame on me for asking stupid questions Smile

thank you!
Jahmann Wrote:Oh, i'm sorry i read it through and was so focussed on the ASP_Tags, that i overlooked the get_header thing.

It works now.

shame on me for asking stupid questions Smile

thank you!

No worries (: glad that could help
please be aware that there no ASP-tags at all

this assumption causes a lot of misunderstandings

this is a PHP application and there is nothing what you call "ASP-tags" ;=)
I use your gallery plugin on my current website. I use the Prettyphoto for display, but found out that it often is a bit slow, especially on less powerful cpu's (like pentium 4). Maybe some of the others are not so slow, but they have a different navigation..

Anyway, I thought that a gallery display solution based purely on html+css code could have better performance. I found this nice gallery:

http://sonspring.com/journal/hoverbox-image-gallery
http://host.sonspring.com/hoverbox/

I thought it would be a nice addition (maybe with some styling adjustments, to make it work more properly for bigger images). Just an idea.
mvlcek, Supersized latest version does not stop at 9. Supersized, Do you have time to update?

Quote:my;
I can’t get past 9 slides. Has this been resolved? (supersized)

@vivalasam;
I would check the FAQ to make sure your slides are formatted w/ commas properly and you are using latest jQuery version.
I use this plugin and still have some problems.

Code:
<?php get_i18n_gallery_header('my-gallery-name'); ?>
or
<?php get_i18n_gallery('my-gallery-name'); ?>

Once I input this cycle than does the plugin correctly.

A number of problems:
- Cycle does not work on the number of milliseconds
- Pagnation will not be displayed
- Previous and next placed under the cycle
- And small dots are placed in the cycle

If I use the admin panel the following code in the content window, place the plugin works fine
Code:
(% gallery name=slideshow %)

Solution i've found the plugin "I18N Custom Fields" so I change the content in a custom field. I put the code in the "Gallery I18N" than in the content area and it's fine. Once i put the code from the "Gallery I18N" place in a "I18N Custom Fields" it does not work.

Is there a difference in the standard content and display a custom screen? Why does the code of the "Gallery I18N" not work in a template?

I've tried everything, new installation, blank template without js script, really everything.

Once I put the code in the template and the code content in a window it will work or just do everything twice and is not intended.

I can not find a correct solution, is there someone else who has this problem?
Do not ask me how but it works all of a sudden, I've tried many things and finally run the plugin as Cycle
I seem to be having a problem with the pic.php, The &w=160&h=120 that is added to the end of the pic.php?p=image, This is causing the photo not to display. Is there a way to repair this or does it have to do with the thumbnail generation. Because thumbnails dont seem to generate also.
bpiper Wrote:I seem to be having a problem with the pic.php, The &w=160&h=120 that is added to the end of the pic.php?p=image, This is causing the photo not to display. Is there a way to repair this or does it have to do with the thumbnail generation. Because thumbnails dont seem to generate also.

This mostly happens it the uploaded image is too big, e.g. if you uploaded a 10 megapixel image, because the maximum memory assigned to PHP is exceeded. If this is the case, reduce the image size locally and upload a smaller version of the image.

Another reason could be that the imaging functions are not installed in your PHP installation.
mvlcek Wrote:This mostly happens it the uploaded image is too big, e.g. if you uploaded a 10 megapixel image, because the maximum memory assigned to PHP is exceeded. If this is the case, reduce the image size locally and upload a smaller version of the image.

Another reason could be that the imaging functions are not installed in your PHP installation.

Thanks for the reply. It is most likely the latter as the host we have runs a Windows based server for their ASPX and seems that the php install is very minimal, perhaps even an after thought. Which is what led me to finding get simple in the first place, to help deal with some content they "allow" us to edit on our site. X_X

I guess I will just use some CSS as a work around. Thanks Again.