GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I18N Gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to have run into another small issue. when i try to add a ™ in the field for the image title, it comes out looking like random characters. Is it not possible to add this to a data field to be called and displayed?
mvlcek Wrote:
koenig Wrote:Another question, while I'm at it: I have a gallery on the first page, displaying logotypes from different companies I have worked with. It would be splendid if I could center this on the page (or rather column) but the center text button has no effect on the gallery. Is there an easy way to do this?

Just define the following rule in your CSS file:
Code:
div.gallery-cycle {
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
}
You can also use div.gallery-mygalleryname as selector if you only want to center a specific gallery.

Thanks a lot!
bpiper Wrote:I seem to have run into another small issue. when i try to add a ™ in the field for the image title, it comes out looking like random characters. Is it not possible to add this to a data field to be called and displayed?

Works perfectly for me (tested with prettyPhoto and fancybox incl. title under thumbnails).
Make sure that you output the HTML as UTF-8. The following line in the header of your template might help:
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
Okay, I don't see it! Call me stupid or whatever !!!

I'm already working the whole day and can not find it.

My intention:
- 1 page with various photo albums, of each photo album i want to show 1 thumbnail.
- If I click on a thumbnail I want a overview of all these pictures as thumbnail

How do I do this?

I see different code's on the forum but i don't get it.

Code:
(% gallerylink name=my-gallery-name url=my-gallery-slug thumb=random %)

I get everything except the URL=MY-GALLERY-SLUG

What is the SLUG that i have to use?
Suikerklontje Wrote:Okay, I don't see it! Call me stupid or whatever !!!

I'm already working the whole day and can not find it.

My intention:
- 1 page with various photo albums, of each photo album i want to show 1 thumbnail.
- If I click on a thumbnail I want a overview of all these pictures as thumbnail

How do I do this?

I see different code's on the forum but i don't get it.

Code:
(% gallerylink name=my-gallery-name url=my-gallery-slug thumb=random %)

I get everything except the URL=MY-GALLERY-SLUG

What is the SLUG that i have to use?

The url is the url/slug of the respective gallery page, because the link needs to have a target page.

For each gallery xxx (replace xxx with the names of the galleries) create a page e.g. named gallery-xxx and add the gallery with (% gallery name=xxx %). Then create an overview page e.g. named gallery-overview and add multiple links with (% gallerylink name=xxx url=gallery-xxx thumb=random %).
I now what you mean.

I was looking for a solution that i don't hav to make a page for each gallery. I love the plugin and it works great. I was thinking like a solution just like "The Photo Gallery" plugin but better!
Hi, I just installed the i18N Gallery plugin on my site and everything seems to be working fine except when I click on the "Add images" link, it displays the default Opps! Page not found! page and says "We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist."

When running this on my local MAMP install, it works fine so I'm guessing it's a configuration problem with my server. Any ideas? Thanks.
Golpar Tah Wrote:Any ideas? Thanks.

yes, we have ideas!

Did you check the server's health? What are the results?

=> Support => Getting Started => Website Health Check
Connie Wrote:
Golpar Tah Wrote:Any ideas? Thanks.

yes, we have ideas!

Did you check the server's health? What are the results?

=> Support => Getting Started => Website Health Check

Just checked and everything is green. No problems reported there.

Also, I'm having issues when enabling Fancy URLs. I get the same "Opps! Page not Found!" page when activating that and clicking on site links.
so your .htaccess file is wrong

post it here and we will see
Golpar Tah Wrote:Hi, I just installed the i18N Gallery plugin on my site and everything seems to be working fine except when I click on the "Add images" link, it displays the default Opps! Page not found! page and says "We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist."

When running this on my local MAMP install, it works fine so I'm guessing it's a configuration problem with my server. Any ideas? Thanks.

Did you copy the .htaccess files to your server? They are be default not visible on the Mac.
Otherwise check the problem solving chapter here.
I read the entire internet, but have not found a way to add watermarks to images. Where do I change the code to add this feature?

Also there is another problem that is very similar to that described in the post 329. There are several albums with photos. It is necessary to bring them all on one page so that each album was a picture. By clicking on this image is increased and there are navigation arrows to view all photos in an album.
An example can be found at the end of page www.fancybox.net ("Image gallery") But it does not open with the image and the textual references.

With my programming (and english) is bad, would be very grateful for any help.
Sanches Wrote:I read the entire internet, but have not found a way to add watermarks to images. Where do I change the code to add this feature?

Add the watermarks with an image editing program before uploading them to your site.

Sanches Wrote:Also there is another problem that is very similar to that described in the post 329. There are several albums with photos. It is necessary to bring them all on one page so that each album was a picture. By clicking on this image is increased and there are navigation arrows to view all photos in an album.
An example can be found at the end of page www.fancybox.net ("Image gallery") But it does not open with the image and the textual references.

The example shows all images as thumbnails, just like I18N Gallery with (% gallery name=mygallery %).
If you want to have multiple galleries, each with only one thumbnail, use
Code:
(% gallery name=mygallery1 thumb=1 %)
(% gallery name=mygallery2 thumb=1 %)
(% gallery name=mygallery3 thumb=1 %)
If you want the thumbnails beside each other, you have to add a CSS rule like
Code:
.gallery-fancybox { float: left; }
Thank you very much, this is just what I was looking for!

A watermark can not be accurately display automatically?
mvlcek Wrote:
Golpar Tah Wrote:Hi, I just installed the i18N Gallery plugin on my site and everything seems to be working fine except when I click on the "Add images" link, it displays the default Opps! Page not found! page and says "We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist."

Did you copy the .htaccess files to your server? They are be default not visible on the Mac.
Otherwise check the problem solving chapter here.

It defiantly seems to be an issue with the .htaccess file. I tried modifying it but to no avail. Now when I click on the "Add images" link, I get the following error: [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Here's the code for my .htaccess file.

Code:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
# File modified on Dec 5 11:28:31 2011 by server
# For security reasons, mod_php is not used on this server. Use a php.ini file for php directives
# php_value default_charset "UTF-8"

Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
        Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
Golpar Tah Wrote:It defiantly seems to be an issue with the .htaccess file.

1)
switch "Fancy URLs" off in the settings
check again
is it ok now?

2)
Did you install Getsimple into the root of your server or in a subdirectory?
if it sits in a subdirectory, you should edit the rewrite-base

3)
if nothing helps, take the temp.htaccess-file from GetSimple-download, upload it to your server and rename it to .htaccess
does that help?
Connie Wrote:
Golpar Tah Wrote:It defiantly seems to be an issue with the .htaccess file.

1)
switch "Fancy URLs" off in the settings
check again
is it ok now?

2)
Did you install Getsimple into the root of your server or in a subdirectory?
if it sits in a subdirectory, you should edit the rewrite-base

3)
if nothing helps, take the temp.htaccess-file from GetSimple-download, upload it to your server and rename it to .htaccess
does that help?

I just replaced my previous .htaccess file with temp.htaccess and that seemed to fix the issue with Fancy URLs not working. However the "Add images" link still returns the message: [an error occurred while processing this directive].

And Getsimple is installed in my root directory.
Hello, sorry my English.
I found a bug in the plugin s3Slider on the timeout, which can be easily corrected by changing only the "timeout:" to "timeOut:" in line 141 of file "plugin_s3slider.php."

And a suggestion for future versions would include a css editor plugin, to directly edit the look of each type, in addition to integrating more types.

hug!

Quote:Olá, desculpe o meu ingles.
Encontrei um bug no plugin s3Slider, relativo ao timeout, que pode ser facilmente corrigido mudando somento de "timeout" para "timeOut" na linha 141 do arquivo "plugin_s3slider.php".

E uma sugestão para as proximas versões seria integrar um editor de css no plugin, pra editar diretamente o visual de cada tipo, alem de integrar mais tipos.

abraço!
A doubt now, how do I link or integrate any html tags in the text of the slides?
thanks!

Quote:Uma duvida agora, como faço para integrar link ou qualquer tag html no texto dos slides?
Obrigado
Hi Guys,

First of all thanks for this great plugin, great work!

Unfortunately I've a little problem with this plugin. I'm using jQuery for my menu (lavalamp) and a little slideshow in the header of my page (cycle), I allready had some problems with let that work together but figured that out allready. Unfortunately I'm getting a similair problem with my template and this plugin. The problem is that I include the jQuery-library twice, first in my template (jquery-1.6.4.min.js) and second in the i18n_gallery-plugin (jquery-1.4.3.min.js). If I don't include the first (jquery-1.6.4.min.js) both work, my template and the gallery if I'm on a gallery-page, but if I'm on my index-page for example my template won't work (because there is no jQuery-library available).

I'm using the prettyphoto-plugin so I started looking where the jQuery-library is included there. I found out that it is included in the function i18n_gallery_prettyphoto_header:
Code:
function i18n_gallery_prettyphoto_header($gallery) {
  if (i18n_gallery_check($gallery,'jquery') && i18n_gallery_needs_include('jquery.js')) {
?>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo i18n_gallery_site_link(); ?>plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery-1.4.3.min.js"></script>
<?php
  }
  if (i18n_gallery_check($gallery,'js') && i18n_gallery_needs_include('prettyphoto.js')) {
?>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo i18n_gallery_site_link(); ?>plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js"></script>
<?php
  }
  if (i18n_gallery_check($gallery,'css') && i18n_gallery_needs_include('prettyphoto.css')) {

But if I change the code above in the code down here, it won't work:
Code:
function i18n_gallery_prettyphoto_header($gallery) {
  //if (i18n_gallery_check($gallery,'jquery') && i18n_gallery_needs_include('jquery.js')) {
?>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo i18n_gallery_site_link(); ?>plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery-1.4.3.min.js"></script>
<?php
  //}
  if (i18n_gallery_check($gallery,'js') && i18n_gallery_needs_include('prettyphoto.js')) {
?>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo i18n_gallery_site_link(); ?>plugins/i18n_gallery/js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js"></script>
<?php
  }
  if (i18n_gallery_check($gallery,'css') && i18n_gallery_needs_include('prettyphoto.css')) {
Maybe you guys know what I do wrong?

Another solution maybe that if I know that I'm on a gallerypage I won't include the library used in my template, but I think that is a bit hard to make. But if you can help me on that it will be a good solution for me too.

Thanks in advance for helping me!
rider "Gallery" => Settings => Do not include jquery ....

rtfm ;=)
Hmm, stupid! I am looking for a solution for days now, but thanks! Going to test it right away!

EDIT: Unfortunately that isn't the solution, if I include the jQuery-library from the gallery-plugin both will work but if I include it in my template only my template will work....
The meaning is:

if your template already contains JQuery, tick in the opions to not include jquery

if you run into problems I am sure because of inconsistent jquery releases. In that case I would suggest to work with 2 different templates (one for galleries and one for the others)

or to harmonize them ;=)

At www.zweiterblick.de I worked with a lot of galleries, not only I18N-gallery, and I managed to have all of them working ...

so check the version of the jquery which you are using

and one reminder: it is always helpful to tell the URL of the page, so maybe we will see where the problem sits
pchulpleusden Wrote:Hmm, stupid! I am looking for a solution for days now, but thanks! Going to test it right away!

EDIT: Unfortunately that isn't the solution, if I include the jQuery-library from the gallery-plugin both will work but if I include it in my template only my template will work....

Make sure that you include jquery before the gallery scripts, i.e. the get_header() call must be at the end of the HTML header (any of course you must include jquery in the header and not in the body).
mvlcek, Supersized latest version does not stop at 9. Supersized, Do you have time to update?

Quote:my;
I can’t get past 9 slides. Has this been resolved? (supersized)

@vivalasam;
I would check the FAQ to make sure your slides are formatted w/ commas properly and you are using latest jQuery version.