GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I18N Gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
alex_d Wrote:Gallery Version 1.7.1,

PrettyPhoto adds one more (the last one) image in the Gallery with an error as "Image can not be loaded. Make sure the patch is correct and image exist".
Is this a Bug or not?

Maybe - and chances are it's fixed in a newer version (current version is 1.9.4).

alex_d Wrote:and second Q:
is there a way to make images in Cycle gallery 'responsive' (resizable) ?

You could probably add rules like those included automatically, with smaller width/height of the elements, when the screen is smaller.

But I don't see the need for it, as the thumbnails should fit even on smaller screens and the surrounding div should resize with the page (unless your content area has a fixed width).
I'am just a newbie with GetSimple and i always used cms made simpel.

I really like Getsimple and this plugin I18N put is it possible to put a gallery slider in the header en also a normal gallery on a page, because when i put the codes one off them will not work?

I think it has to do that i call 2 times jquery, but how do i change that?

Thanks,

Marcel
mrozendaal Wrote:I'am just a newbie with GetSimple and i always used cms made simpel.

I really like Getsimple and this plugin I18N put is it possible to put a gallery slider in the header en also a normal gallery on a page, because when i put the codes one off them will not work?

You have to check "Do not include jQuery" in the I18N Gallery settings and include jQuery youself in your template.
mvlcek Wrote:
mrozendaal Wrote:I'am just a newbie with GetSimple and i always used cms made simpel.

You have to check "Do not include jQuery" in the I18N Gallery settings and include jQuery youself in your template.

Hello mvlcek,

Thanks for your quick reply, i dont use any other jQuery only the Gallery, so if i turn it off i dont have the fancy benifits of it?
I got it now Smile

<?php get_i18n_gallery_header('my-gallery-name'); ?> in the header.inc

<?php get_i18n_gallery('my-gallery-name'); ?> in your template where you want it

(% gallery name=my-gallery-name %) in you page.

Very easy as you now it Smile

Thkx
I posted this last week, but it was probably in the wrong place. So, hopefully, it's in the right place.

I would like to be able to have the linked thumbnails (or gallery names) of each new gallery automatically included in the sidebar. Otherwise, the gallery php code in the head and the sidebar will need to be updated every time a new gallery is added by the owners of the site. They can manage uploading photos and making pages but not fiddling with code.

Is this possible? Suggestions?

Much thanks. I'm liking this program more and more.

Cheers.
Mad Morticia Wrote:Is this possible? Suggestions?
try with: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/30261/#p30261
First I like to thank mvlcek for the constant and good work on the fantastic I18N plugins.

For a association I would like to build a website with GS. The association has many member events with many pictures for every event. I woud like to have a solution, where the Editor/User of GS could create picture galleries in the easiest and fastest way possible.

The most interesting solution I know from testing another CMS is a plugin called Foldergallery able to handle many images in different categories. Categories are based on the folderstructure on the server, so they are created automaticaly if you sync the filesystem with the database in the foldergallery backend. The only thing you need to do is to upload the pictures (FTP or backend) to the correct folder/subfolders and sync the files in the plugin backend. Everything else (all galleries overview with links, single gallery thumbnails, lightbox, etc.) is created automatically. Only if you like, you can give to the single galleries and pictures labels, order them, etc.
This is a very fast and easy solution! I don't know if mvlcek is interested to merge this concept into I18N Gallery, but I like to ask if something going in this direction is already possible:

If I have created many galleries in I18N Gallery, how can I create a single page where one thumbnail (or the title) of every gallery is listed automatically and clicking on them, the single gallery with thumbnails opens? Is this possible without creating pages for the single galleries? I would love if I18N Gallery could make some steps for more automatism for the management of large numbers of galleries and pictures.
ChriS Wrote:The most interesting solution I know from testing another CMS is a plugin called Foldergallery able to handle many images in different categories. Categories are based on the folderstructure on the server, so they are created automaticaly if you sync the filesystem with the database in the foldergallery backend. The only thing you need to do is to upload the pictures (FTP or backend) to the correct folder/subfolders and sync the files in the plugin backend. Everything else (all galleries overview with links, single gallery thumbnails, lightbox, etc.) is created automatically. Only if you like, you can give to the single galleries and pictures labels, order them, etc.

With I18N Galleries it's only slightly slower - create a gallery giving it a title, add pictures, navigate to directory, select "Add all pictures", save.

But there are also other plugins directly using the directory structure, like Photo Gallery.

ChriS Wrote:If I have created many galleries in I18N Gallery, how can I create a single page where one thumbnail (or the title) of every gallery is listed automatically and clicking on them, the single gallery with thumbnails opens? Is this possible without creating pages for the single galleries? I would love if I18N Gallery could make some steps for more automatism for the management of large numbers of galleries and pictures.

You could use PHP to get all XML files in /data/i18n_gallery, extract the tag name from the XML and display the galleries using get_i18n_gallery($name, array('thumb'=>0)). Put the code in a component and include it in your page with DynPages.

But you can also put multiple galleries on a page manually with (% gallery name=mygallery thumb=random %). Then you have more control over the order of galleries, the thumb displayed, text between galleries, etc.
Thanks for your extended response!

mvlcek Wrote:But there are also other plugins directly using the directory structure, like Photo Gallery.
I would like to stay with I18N Gallery because of the strong I18N compatibility, even in monolingual projects (for consistency) and also because of the very good included lightbox featureset and constant updating (Photo Gallery was last updated in May 2011). Thanks for the indication, will check Photo Gallery especially for the I18N compatibility and lightbox featureset. Maybe will have a look also over other plugins.

mvlcek Wrote:With I18N Galleries it's only slightly slower - create a gallery giving it a title, add pictures, navigate to directory, select "Add all pictures", save.
[...]
But you can also put multiple galleries on a page manually with (% gallery name=mygallery thumb=random %). Then you have more control over the order of galleries, the thumb displayed, text between galleries, etc.
I agree to the first statement, but the gallery is still only created in the plugin backend; the additional work comes from the individual setup of the public viewable galleries in the pages backend.
Looking at the ouput of the shortcode you provided, additional tumbnails are there but not displayed:
Code:
<div class="gallery-thumb" style="display:none">
Would you please make it possible to influence the output by giving a style class and providing a shortcode variable that omits the display:none property? That would be a nice little feature to show all the thumbnails.

mvlcek Wrote:You could use PHP to get all XML files in /data/i18n_gallery, extract the tag name from the XML and display the galleries using get_i18n_gallery($name, array('thumb'=>0)). Put the code in a component and include it in your page with DynPages
I don't know if I'm able to code the PHP part, but even if I am I would prefer if this possibility is included in a future I18N Gallery plugin. I am thinking of a shortcode like (% gallery all thumb=random %) maybe also with the option to additionally output the title (I know this is a more complex styling). The biggest step would be if I18N Gallery allows folder like organization of galleries (hierarchical ordering).
I hope you agree this to be potential major additional features and hope even more you are interested to implement (some of) them.
Thank you for your strong forum support of us users.
mvlcek

I am in need of your help again.

All of the thumbs of the gallery are showing on a page but when you click to enlarge any of the images you will see only the first image on the page.

Check it out here

http://www.bluebonnetmotorsparts.com/jeep-caps-visors/

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Bob
rfuller Wrote:mvlcek

I am in need of your help again.

All of the thumbs of the gallery are showing on a page but when you click to enlarge any of the images you will see only the first image on the page.

Check it out here

http://www.bluebonnetmotorsparts.com/jeep-caps-visors/

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Bob

There is a javascript error because of this line (Googlemaps plugin):
Code:
$jQ = jQuery.noConflict();
You must not use jQuery.noConflict().
If you install a plugin like Web Developer (for Firefox) you would immediately see that there is a Javascript error.
Hi,

I have problems when i want to create a gallery and add images in web server.
I can not to select the images in:
- windows, with FF, google chrome, safari, opera
- ubuntu, with FF, google chrome.

I can to select images in:
- windows, with ie8
- ubuntu, with opera

In localhost, all work good.

The plugins installed are: I18N, I18N base, I18N gallery, I18N, debugmode, contact form.

Do you have any information why is happening this?
(2012-10-21, 19:16:50)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]
alex_d Wrote:Gallery Version 1.7.1,

PrettyPhoto adds one more (the last one) image in the Gallery with an error as "Image can not be loaded. Make sure the patch is correct and image exist".
Is this a Bug or not?

Maybe - and chances are it's fixed in a newer version (current version is 1.9.4).

updated, the problem is gone.

THANX!
Hey there,
is it possible to create multiple galleries, not the normal way but like the photos app on the ipod:
you can have multiple "folders" for the images and per folder only one thumbnail is shown (:

It would be awesome if somewhat like that is possible already (:

Thanks for your help
hi mvlcek

could you tell me what i'm doing wrong.

I have such structure:
- gallery called "testing" -> (% gallery name=testing %)
- page "contact"
- subpage "contact-sidebar" -> (% gallery name=testing %)
- component "sidebar" which is loaded in template.
Component load page (contact-sidebar) using getPageContent();

and anything what i get is sidebar unfortunatelly is: (% gallery name=testing %)

Is such structure like above possible to work with your gallery?

Thanks in advance
(2012-11-08, 22:26:01)mineque Wrote: [ -> ]hi mvlcek

I have such structure:
- page "contact"

and anything what i get is sidebar unfortunatelly is: (% gallery name=testing %)

Thanks in advance

This won't work. You can either have the gallery in the content with (% gallery ... %) or in the template with get_i18n_gallery_header(...) and get_i18n_gallery(...).

Your setup might work, if you also include a get_i18n_gallery_header(...) in the template, but it would need to be for a gallery of the same type and properties (thumbnail, image sizes, etc) of the one in the content.

But you could instead use I18N Custom Fields or I18N Special Pages to add a field 'GalleryName' and a field 'Sidebar' to your page(s) and include this side bar conent and gallery directly in your template with get_i18n_gallery_header(...) and get_i18n_gallery(...) using get/return_custom/special_field(...).
Hello I have a problem with my thumbnails. i want cropped thumbnails in a format. But he don't crop them. He scaled them to the just the height or width. Do somebody have a solutions or do i'm something wrong?
(2012-11-09, 06:05:03)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-08, 22:26:01)mineque Wrote: [ -> ]hi mvlcek

I have such structure:
- page "contact"

Thanks in advance

This won't work. You can either have the gallery in the content with (% gallery ... %) or in the template with get_i18n_gallery_header(...) and get_i18n_gallery(...).

Your setup might work, if you also include a get_i18n_gallery_header(...) in the template, but it would need to be for a gallery of the same type and properties (thumbnail, image sizes, etc) of the one in the content.

But you could instead use I18N Custom Fields or I18N Special Pages to add a field 'GalleryName' and a field 'Sidebar' to your page(s) and include this side bar conent and gallery directly in your template with get_i18n_gallery_header(...) and get_i18n_gallery(...) using get/return_custom/special_field(...).

Hi mvlcek,

i was thinking about your answer and i'm still not sure about using Custom Fields or Special Pages so i've used yours DynPages plugin.

I've created gallery_sidebar component:
Code:
<?php
global $args;
get_i18n_gallery_header($args[0]);
get_i18n_gallery($args[0]);
?>

and then inside page i just write:

Code:
{% gallery_sidebar gallery_name %}

with changing gallery_name with proper value of course.
So far it works

thanks for your answer and plugins you've made.
(2012-11-12, 06:35:24)asmets Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I have a problem with my thumbnails. i want cropped thumbnails in a format. But he don't crop them. He scaled them to the just the height or width. Do somebody have a solutions or do i'm something wrong?

Just check the checkbox "Crop", after you fill out both maximum width and height of the thumbnails.
(2012-11-12, 21:57:58)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-12, 06:35:24)asmets Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I have a problem with my thumbnails. i want cropped thumbnails in a format. But he don't crop them. He scaled them to the just the height or width. Do somebody have a solutions or do i'm something wrong?

Just check the checkbox "Crop", after you fill out both maximum width and height of the thumbnails.

Hello, We've all ready tried that but it wasn't working. You can see our design en html on http://dewit.staging1.kunstmaan.be (login and password in pm)
I am trying to extend the Gallery with the "flexslider" jQuery plugin.
My goal is to have a gallery with a thumbnail slider strip below, like here:
http://flexslider.woothemes.com/thumbnail-slider.html

- Thumbs and Fullsize on one page.
- Thumbs in a sliding strip.

Has anyone tried this, or a similar jQuery slider?
I am following mvlcek's tutorial here: http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/i18ngallery/i1...ry-extend/
Hi mvlcek, may I ask you why you're still using jQuery 1.4.3 in your plugin? Is there any particular reason?
(2012-11-14, 18:08:27)lucamusolesi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mvlcek, may I ask you why you're still using jQuery 1.4.3 in your plugin? Is there any particular reason?

No special reason - if you include a newer version of jQuery in your template and switch off including it in I18N Gallery, it should work, too.
Hello,

I'm having a problem with IE8 ( Angry ) and a slideshow using the cycle plugin with text overlay. IE8 doesn't understand the css rgba(0,0,0,0.5) for the overlay background colour.

I have substituted
Code:
background: #000;
opacity : 0.5;
-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=50)";
filter: alpha(opacity=50);
replacing the original line 240 in i18n_gallery/plugin_cycle.php.

This works for IE8 in Windows XP, but I haven't tested beyond that, so it could easily break something else. I'm almost past caring ...

(Incidentally, this fault can be seen with IE8 at http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/i18ngallery/cycle-2/.)