GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Hidden Field Properties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I right click on a hidden field, which looks like this in the WYSIWYG:
[Image: 1getz.png]

There's a Hidden Field Properties button, but when I click it, I get the faded lightbox overlay but no window appears to change the properties.

Does anybody know why that is?

Thanks.
tehnath Wrote:If I right click on a hidden field, which looks like this in the WYSIWYG:
[Image: 1getz.png]

There's a Hidden Field Properties button, but when I click it, I get the faded lightbox overlay but no window appears to change the properties.

Does anybody know why that is?

Thanks.

If you are really Nathan from "Future Visions" you should notice that you are posting in a wrong forum.
What you post here, has nothing to do with GetSimple.

Is so, give more information, otherwise I feel free to regard this posting as forum spam ;=)
Huh? What suggests to you that it's spam? Let me widen the screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/rdwCR.png

The squares represent hidden fields in the HTML, yes? When I right click on them, I get this menu:

[Image: Ny6UF.png]

But when I select the option, as I said, I get the faded lightbox overlay but no window appears to change the properties.

I'm not sure why you believe my last message to be spam, but I hope that clears it up.
Tehnath

I am going to take a shot at your question.

I have two sites that I use a shopping cart on also.

It looks as if the shopping cart you are using, you put your information in a shopping cart and then you copy and paste the shopping cart code into your site. Is that correct?

If that is the case I don't think the plugin you are trying to use is going to work on those hidden fields you will have to go in to source code and make those changes manually or if you have changes in the item ( cost, quantities, descriptions) you might just delete the code from the source and go back to the shopping cart and redo the code and copy and paste it again.

I guessing the code you are copying and pasting is PHP

Bob
Thanks for the response rfuller.

That's pretty much the case, yes.

There's no PHP however. It's just a HTML form where the 'Add to Cart' button is the submit. The hidden fields in the form are the price, shipping values.

Aside from editing the code manually, which is fine for me, I figured that if the option within the WYSIWYG to edit the hidden fields exists, that would be more suitable for my client, providing it works.
tehnath

I have not found a way around this other than the two options I gave you.

I tried the hidden field plugin also and it didn't work., so I went back to my shopping cart developer for help, and was told what I told you in last post.

I see why you have a problem since you are turning this over to a customer. Your best option may be to have them just delete the code and then go back and redo the code and paste it back into the site. You may have to hide some code like "start here" and "end here" so the customer will know where to start the shopping cart code and where it should end.

Sorry couldn't be more help than this.

If you come up with a better solution, please let me know, because I have same problem because I have several people that make changes on both of my sites that have shopping carts.

Bob
tehnath Wrote:I'm not sure why you believe my last message to be spam, but I hope that clears it up.

Nathan,

well, let me explain: your posting did not give any hint what you are doing in GetSimple exactly.
The screenshot gave no idea to what part of GS it belongs
you did not mention that you use a special plugin, what kind of plugin etc.

so, as we had a storm of forum spam in the last time, I was tempted to regard your posting as forum spam as well

so, please accept that I apologize and please do give more precise information about the problem you have ;=)

Cheers, Connie
I think the CKeditor form plugins may be missing/removed and thats why your getting the blank dialog box.

I'll check later when I get home...
Thanks for your help guys.

@ n00dles101 that would be great, thank you.