GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: particles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

we created our first GS template, particles, and we would like to share with you.

It is based in the same name template from freecsstemplates and adapted to use in GS.

[Image: screenshot.png]

Quote:Demo: http://3bits.es/getsimple/

The demo is multilingual and you can also change background color dinamically.
Thanks for sharing the template with us! Please consider adding it to the theme section in the Extend repository so people won't have to search forum threads for downloads or updates.
Done.

We will add some more templates soon.
Your theme doesn't work at all. It only shows a page with demo on it. If I add a page and menu nothing get's displayed.

Or am I missing something?

This code seems to give problems:

Code:
<div id="menu">
    <?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?>
        <a href="?setlang=es">ES</a> <a href="?setlang=en">EN</a>    
    </div>

Does it need the i18n_navigation plugin to have menu navigation at all? Or is this only the language navigation.
Anyway the can't seem to create the top menu...

Btw. nice theme (if it works).

EDIT: After adding the I18N plugin most of it seems to work. Some of the styling (the wite space) is dependible upon the I18N plugin.

Still can't see the horizontal menu. The "Website name" in Website settings isn't used as title.

http://wouterb.be/gs/
My apologizes for the problems but is it our first theme for GS.

The theme file is multilingual, so it uses the i18n plugin. Change the <?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?> to <?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?> standard tag and it will works fine.

Anyway, I updated the file without the i18n plugin and the site_name in the logo.
Thanks. It works a lot better now. Some notes:

I found this:

Code:
<body bgcolor="#BACD73">

in the Default template.php file. Shouldn't this (or something similar) be in the css file?

Something else:

In the style.css the following code:

Code:
/** LOGO */

#logo {
    float: left;
    width: 200px;
    height: 95px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding-top: 20px;
}

says that the width of logo = 200px
The font size of the logo h1 (website title) is set to 48

I think the default values makes it impossible to render the words right if the site title is larger than "demo".

(top)menu with is 640px.

Sorry if I'm incorrect about the above.
datiswous Wrote:Thanks. It works a lot better now. Some notes:

I found this:

Code:
<body bgcolor="#BACD73">

in the Default template.php file. Shouldn't this (or something similar) be in the css file?

Sorry, this is another mistake. The demo site have a special version to show the theme in different colors. And this is the original color. You can delete it because the CSS controls the background.

datiswous Wrote:Something else:

In the style.css the following code:

Code:
/** LOGO */

#logo {
    float: left;
    width: 200px;
    height: 95px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding-top: 20px;
}

says that the width of logo = 200px
The font size of the logo h1 (website title) is set to 48

I think the default values makes it impossible to render the words right if the site title is larger than "demo".

(top)menu with is 640px.

Sorry if I'm incorrect about the above.

The size is only for the demo purpose. You can use a text or an image. Change the code for your needs.

Thanks for your feedback.