GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Using GetSimple for bigger sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
are there performance or other stability problems to expect, when serving a frequently visited bigger site (ca. 1000 unique visitors per day, lots of pages)? In my viewport it must be even converse. Until today I used modx, typo3, joomla and other sql-based systems. But I see no reason, why not simply install GetSimple instead of those oceansteamers Smile Functionality is not my problem - some interfaces have to be coded by me regardless which system I will chose. I just want to know if there will be problems with perhaps file-locking while editing and storing a page while visitors request the same page several times and things like that?

Any hints?
Hmm... Mike mentioned he was successful to operate on 2k pages.
If you won't serve content dynamically, I'd give it a hit along with a content, and menu caching plugins (there are couple).

Be aware that caching content while giving access to it for large audiency might choke the website a bit.
I'd hide the page firstly -> commit edit -> unhide page.
But from the other hand whole cache is resaved during every page edit.

That's for technical things.
But how do you want to achieve workflows and tons of other things remains a riddle for me.
For such demanding website GS is more a framework offering simple management.