GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: CKEditor: Removing dimming properties / "off" icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question - Does anyone know how to "turn off" the CKEditor feature that dims/changes the icons when that function isn't available? I'd like to have them show "on" at all times, regardless if they can be used at that particular time or place.
I think this is what you need.

http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:wysiwyg_editor

Bob

patriotmedia Wrote:Quick question - Does anyone know how to "turn off" the CKEditor feature that dims/changes the icons when that function isn't available? I'd like to have them show "on" at all times, regardless if they can be used at that particular time or place.
rfuller Wrote:I think this is what you need.

http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:wysiwyg_editor

Bob

patriotmedia Wrote:Quick question - Does anyone know how to "turn off" the CKEditor feature that dims/changes the icons when that function isn't available? I'd like to have them show "on" at all times, regardless if they can be used at that particular time or place.

Thanks Bob - but I've already been here.
I suspect this is a hard-code issue inside the JS files.
no I do not, as I am not such a Javascript crack...

the problem is connected with focus, and I remember there are some discussions in the CKEditor forum on that

and it seems to be related to the skin, the js and the css for that, but I do not know where sits the mechanic ;=)

if you find an answer, I will be glad to learn about it, so we can add this to the WIKI

you will see that not all skins behave like that, that's why I have activated "v2" for example
Connie Wrote:no I do not, as I am not such a Javascript crack...

the problem is connected with focus, and I remember there are some discussions in the CKEditor forum on that

and it seems to be related to the skin, the js and the css for that, but I do not know where sits the mechanic ;=)

if you find an answer, I will be glad to learn about it, so we can add this to the WIKI

you will see that not all skins behave like that, that's why I have activated "v2" for example

Thanks, Connie. Will let you know if I figure it out! Yea, I thought at first it was part of the skin too - but just can't seem to find it. The "kama" skin is the runner-up for me.

Hopefully some skin developers can chime in.