GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Load diferent template for iframed page on another domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to use one system on multiple domains with same content and different template. For example to change template through query or link...

Please help
Thanks
Well, first things first, you can have different templates for a single site. Just create additional template.php pages and style it the way you like (you can do this with multiple header files linking to different CSS files).

As for the second part, whether or not a single system can be reached through multiple domains, each with different designs. I suppose you need to write some codes by yourself. I mean, some if and else statements checking for the name of the domain and then choose the appropriate templates.

Regards,
Angela
This is just theoretical solution, and I don't give even 10% of chances it would work.
On the other domain you'd have to:
1. proxify rewrite the content from another domain, so it would be seen like a standalone content, not iframed or fetched by php (although it would be the same, and even more powerful)
2. rewrite all queries pointing to /theme/main_theme, to switch into /theme/second_theme

This would be truly awesome if it wouldn't need any changes in GS core.

Other solution:
1. copy /theme/second_theme as /theme/main_theme to second domain
2. proxify everything else from first domain except /theme/ directory
This should be a bit simpler and should work