GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Issue with Ordered List showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adding an ordered list in the code or through the editor does not display correctly in the web browser.
Weird, since in the Editor, it shows up correctly.

<ol>
<li>To provide you with valuable information about the school, its services, and our commitment&nbsp;to the children and their education.</li>
<li>To serve as a means of communication between school and family.</li>
<li>To inform you with the school procedures&nbsp;and policies.</li>
<li>To illustrate to future parents and children why Edward Murphy is the school for them.</li>
</ol>
Do you have the WYSIWYG editor turned on or off when you code the list?

I have a testbed/sandbox GetSimple site here where I will be developing some themes and testing GS features. I have an entire page dedicated to Unordered Lists, Ordered Lists and Definition Lists and they all display just fine.

http://getsimple.mytestbed.com/list-mania
The Editor is turned on. But like I said, even when looking at the code mode it's correct and also when seeing it through the Editor. As soon as I "View" it in web browser, it doesn't show up correctly. any hints?
Without an URL to see the problem, I am out of ideas.
Check your css, the editor uses normaly a different css file.

See http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=173 (second post).
The editor only serves up style elements (e.g.,
Code:
<ul>
Code:
<ol>
, etc.). It's up to the theme's stylesheet to provide for all of those style elements.

If, for example, you have this somewhere in your stylesheet:
Code:
ul, ol { list-style: none; }
, you're indicating that you don't want list styles on any list, ordered or unordered. But if later on in the stylesheet (or in an inline stylesheet), you declare:
Code:
li { list-style-type: circle; }
, then the stylesheet will interpret this to mean that when it encounters any
Code:
<li>
, it's to be styled with a circle. So check your stylesheet carefully for redundant or ambiguous code.