GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Can i have a secondary side navbar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a newbie. Here's the question:
I would like to use this great little cms, but can i have something like a services page with a secondary vertical navbar that when clicked, will pull in each page for that link. Something like below:
Main navbar has Home | About | Services | Contact
SERVICES page has a vertical navbar with links - Web Design | Graphics | Illustration | Logo Design
Clicking on a link will pull in each page.
Hope i made it clear what i mean - i am a non developer.
Cheers!
designthing Wrote:I am a newbie. Here's the question:
I would like to use this great little cms, but can i have something like a services page with a secondary vertical navbar that when clicked, will pull in each page for that link. Something like below:
Main navbar has Home | About | Services | Contact
SERVICES page has a vertical navbar with links - Web Design | Graphics | Illustration | Logo Design
Clicking on a link will pull in each page.
Hope i made it clear what i mean - i am a non developer.
Cheers!

Use the I18N plugin, more information see here.
Thankyou Mvicek.
I will look at this plugin. Are you a developer?
Oleg06 Wrote:plugins
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/child-menu/40/
Thankyou Oleg.
I am trying Child-menu which looks like a simple answer..but!
I have created a few child pages for the Main Services Page. But the services page
is showing up above the sidebar child links.
Do you know how i can remove services link.
Thanks!
without any URL any help is just imagination ;=)

if you do not show us the URL of your installation, how can we check your template etc.?

Please give more info ;=)
Thankyou Connie.
I am actually testing a few sites and this CMS on a local WAMP server, so no URLS to give.
I couldn't get the i18 plugin working and went with Erik Fohlins Child Menu plugin which was easy to understand and use. He even answered my question, which is a simple CSS solution.
I am looking for an EASY-TO-USE CMS that isn't overkill for a 10 - 30 page site; and one that i can understand as a PHP newbie.
This seems to be an answer.
Cheers!
in the CSS write
p#parent{display:none;}