GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: max amount of PM messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a fixed amount of PM messages set on punBB script by default ?
IPB/vB/SMF and so on contain the info of current and max amount of PM messages.
I would like to have an unlimited amount, as such functionality shouldn't be limited, but man can never know.
So how does it look generally ?
I currently have around 120-150 PMs in my inbox here, so that's not a problem.

I found that there's a default limit set to 100 in pun_pm, not sure if Chris uses that here. If yes, he possibly pumped up the value.
polyfragmented Wrote:I found that there's a default limit set to 100 in pun_pm, not sure if Chris uses that here.
Just confirming we use pun_pm, I don’t have enough access to tell you about the limit though. I believe there is one and I hit it once. But it might have changed since then, my inbox has been very empty lately.
i don't believe in no limits, so i just bumped it to 400 inbox and 400 outbox. It had been set at 200 for both until now.
ohh good to know. PM messages on BBS were limited by default to 50, and to be honest is a joke (with latest ipb3 and vb4 it was raised to 100 afair).
I asked to be sure if 100 messages isn't the highest limit here, but 400 in/out amount is very comfortable Smile