GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Error with host/system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again,

I've now finished the site on my localhost (Windows 7 / XAMPP) and uploaded it to novemberfilm.no.

The problem is that I cannot for the world of me manage to EDIT any pages or things I've made on my localhost, only ADD pages.

I've properly CHMODed all folders as necessary (data and backups) to 777 and the folders beneath, but no matter what I do the pages won't save properly.

Also, uploading files to the "files" tab won't work either, only if I NOW create a new folder on the novemberfilm.no server and add files to THAT folder.

Must I recreate everything again? :-|
Did you CHMOD only the folders or the files as well?

If you can create files correctly this means the system has write access to folders (ie. new files can be created). If you cannot edit files correctly this means the system doesn’t have write access to files. Please check to see your XML files are CHMODed to 777 as well.

This is a problem with moving files from one host to another. Your localhost has created to files under a certain owner name and your online hosting uses a different owner name. So while a host that creates files only needs to have write access for the owner, a different host will need write access to all (CHMOD 777).

Creating a folder on your host, which you mention as a fix, is a way around this because that newly created folder will be associated with the right owner name.
So if I f.ex create folders manually through the FTP interface, and then upload the files one by one, would this solve it, you think?

I am able to create new pages and folders - but not edit existing pages, folders, files or even settings! I cannot change Base URL from novemberfilm.no to www.novemberfilm.no.

This gives a 777 CHMOD error (but it is CHMODDed) with full write access.