GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Title of page is text, not html: get_page_title error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
get_page_title decodes the title, whereas stripslashes($title) would be correct.
Currently a title like this is not displayed correctly: How to calculate "a<b"
For the record, this bug did not exist in GS 2.03... it was introduced by r218

Edit: sorry, I was wrong. I may have tested with a patched 2.03 install...
My previous post is incorrect, sorry.

It seems that GetSimple has always allowed html code in the page title. There's the get_page_clean_title() function for the <title> tag, that you can also use in your template instead of get_page_title() if you don't want html code in titles.
Carlos Wrote:There's the get_page_clean_title() function for the <title> tag, that you can also use in your template instead of get_page_title() if you don't want html code in titles.

No, it doesn't, as it removes all tags.
It's definitely not intuitive, if you have to enter a title with < or > with &lt; or &gt;
Most users don't expect that they can enter HTML in a simple text field - and I suppose, nearly all don't need it.
Ah yes, sorry, got it wrong again.

I agree, it'd be better (for most sites/users) like you say.
Then, function get_page_clean_title() would no longer be necessary, you could use get_page_title() in the <title> tag instead.
Chris has confirmed it was intended. I've suggested to make this optional.
Carlos Wrote:Chris has confirmed it was intended. I've suggested to make this optional.

Well my suggestion was rejected... :-) Anyway I now think it's easier (for those who don't want to allow html in page titles) to create a new get_page_plain_title() tag (that uses stripslashes as you suggest) and insert it both in <title> and <h1> in the template.

(It could be created in a small plugin or in the theme's functions.php, though it would be nicer to have that function in the core....)