GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Corrupt pages / saving not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever run into the problem of a page not saving after you edit?

Most save fine, but then all the sudden it'll happen with a "good" page. The only way I seem to be able to work around it is to create a new page, copy the info, delete the old page, and then rename the new slug to the old page slug.
Everything is possible, and I have no explanation for that situation in the moment,

but all your pages are saved automatically, so you always can restore the latest saved status

go to BACKUPS and restore the page, I think it is much easier than to do everything like yo udescribed
I just see that you clicked on "report" instead of "reply", so your answer is sent to us moderators as a spam report ;=)

plese rewrite your answer here ;=)
Haha - premature mouse clicking. I was saying... The weird thing is that it happens when I restore the page as well. I have to actually create a new xml file by making a new page and copying in the current info. Even weirder to me is that it only happens on certain and random pages. Some of them edit fine without a problem.
patriotmedia Wrote:Haha - premature mouse clicking. I was saying... The weird thing is that it happens when I restore the page as well. I have to actually create a new xml file by making a new page and copying in the current info. Even weirder to me is that it only happens on certain and random pages. Some of them edit fine without a problem.

Did you compare permissions, owner and group of a new working page with a page that does not save?
mvlcek Wrote:
patriotmedia Wrote:Haha - premature mouse clicking. I was saying... The weird thing is that it happens when I restore the page as well. I have to actually create a new xml file by making a new page and copying in the current info. Even weirder to me is that it only happens on certain and random pages. Some of them edit fine without a problem.

Did you compare permissions, owner and group of a new working page with a page that does not save?

Thanks for the tip - I had to manually go in and re-assign rights to each page XML file.
Just wanted to say I'm having the same problem. I can edit the homepage but when editing any other page it has no effect. What are the permissions you speak of?
I have the same problem on version 3.3.7. I have created the website on localhost then moved /data /theme and plugins folders to the hosting, all rights in the settings are ok. But when I try to change any page it disappears.