GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: My links showing URL suffix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please can someone explain how i can remove the whole link url from appearing on all my page links like so:
Home(http://localhost/Mysite/about).
I am working on a theme in Wamp and everything worked fine until i added the GS tags. I am sure its something obvious i haven't done. Yet again, GS catches me out!!
Thanks
I don't understand... How do links appear, and would you like them to appear? Give us an example for both.
Hi Carlos. Heres a snippet of code from my nav area on template:
<ul id="nav">
<?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?>
</ul>
 </div>
-----------------------------------------------------------------
And this is what is showing in Firefox 5 browser and using Wamp. As you can see, the tab is the last link-contact including full path. Every link is showing the full url including the UL lists on homepage, not just the main navbar. Still pulling hair and getting more perplexed....
Any help greatly appreciated thanks.
Have you tested with other browser(s)? Same result?

Had you patched GetSimple's core?

Does the same happen if you select another theme? (e.g. Cardinal)

Can you paste the html code for the generated navigation? (look for the <ul id="nav">...</ul> at the page's source code, more helpful than a screen capture).
Hi Carlos.
I managed to find the problem.
I was using a default css file and using the Blueprint css Framework. I was importing print, screen and ie css files into default css. That's what was causing all my links to show full url. Silly me!!
I used this instead, and all is well.
<!-- Framework CSS -->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/css/screen.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/css/print.css" type="text/css" media="print"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/css/default.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection"/>
<!--[if lt IE 8]><link rel="stylesheet" href="css/ie.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection"/><![endif]-->

and everything is fine now, so thanks for your help.