GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: menu customization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a newbie and i need help .
I appreciate the simplicity of get simple and i have also find the navigation plugins very good but i have been trying to use this template tag in customizing a menu to no avail.
Code:
<?php menu_data(); ?>, <?php menu_data('page-slug'); ?>

How do i use this in customizing the following codes cos i do not want to use the GS default get_navigation() function
Code:
<li><a href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/contact.html"><span class="meta">Get in touch</span><br />Contact Us</a></li>
            <li><a href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/blog.html"><span class="meta">Latest news</span><br />Blog</a></li>
            <li><a href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/portfolio.html"><span class="meta">Our latest work</span><br />Portfolio</a></li>
As you can see above,the page to be displayed per menu is not a get simple page and this is because i do not know how to use the menu function to determine the page to be displayed per menu.

pls help
abayomi Wrote:As you can see above,the page to be displayed per menu is not a get simple page and this is because i do not know how to use the menu function to determine the page to be displayed per menu.

you can define in the page options whether a page should be shown in menue or not
so I am sure you do not need any special commands,

[Image: howto_optionen.jpg]

you can use either the standard template tag for the menue or use http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/ for hierarchical menues
Thank you connie for your response but my question has still not been answered .
See below the html code:
Code:
<li><a href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/contact.html"><span class="meta">Get in touch</span><br />Contact Us</a></li>
            <li><a href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/blog.html"><span class="meta">Latest news</span><br />Blog</a></li>
            <li><a href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/portfolio.html"><span class="meta">Our latest work</span><br />Portfolio</a></li>
This is an html code already with menus.
Now i want to insert codes from get simple on this html codes that will enable the display of a page at the click of any of these menu buttons. In other words i do not want an automatically generated menu
Hi abayomi,
If you don't want to generate a menu, comment this line in its template.php.
You create a component; admin > theme > edit component. In this component put the links that you need. After call to this component in template.php

do you want display a page external of getsimple, with a page created of getsimple?. It´s easy. You have to modify index.php, but i do not know if you need it.

Regards.