GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Static pages plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.

As per this request.
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2272/...etsimpler/

Quickly did this plugin. Dont have admin part yet, just dump to directory, but can
add later for those that need to specify a alternative url to use than the one being generated from
and possibly ftp if there is a need.

thanks

Johannes
Look at end of forum for latest files.
O ja... forgot to mention, is currently only for direct links, not fancy ones . will do that later if required.
tx
dominionit Wrote:O ja... forgot to mention, is currently only for direct links, not fancy ones . will do that later if required.
tx

Newer version, has a Recreate all button under plugin and will recreate each page when it gets saved

Latest file at end of forum
K, version 2.

this has upload function under the Plugins -> Static Pages
enter your website you want files to be uploaded to and press button (after making sure they are all created of course).

Note the plugin must basically be installed on target server also (in plugins folder same place as on your box).

Hope it helps

dominionit Wrote:K, version 2.

this has upload function under the Plugins -> Static Pages
enter your website you want files to be uploaded to and press button (after making sure they are all created of course).

Note the plugin must basically be installed on target server also (in plugins folder same place as on your box).

Hope it helps

Realized now that the files uploaded URL path will be that of the local site where the files was created. will change that tommorow. to late now, gona sleep. cheers
Hi there.

Version 0.2a

Can now save a target site you want to upload and auto upload to. this will ALSO be your base url used in your html files for css, links etc (basically all your $SITEURL's will be replaced with this.

Can also select auto upload option on page save it will auto upload to target site as you please.

Have DISABLED creating static pages on page clicking. All now done with Recreate all pages buttons. (This way the plugin can run without using processing power and you dont have to enabled /disable it now and again.

Hope it helps.

tx

Johannes

Version 0.3

This version has

a) Option to upload current theme to target site
b) option to create a base website zip file with all required files for new site
c) optional password that can be set (is encrypted from start ) to be used with all uploads to target site to be little more secure.

works with I18N multi level navigation.

Thanks

Johannes
Hello,

I am noob to the static pages functionality in GS3. I have installed the latest version of Static Pages (SP 0.3). I can go the the SP config panel under plug-ins panel of GS admin dashboard successfully. So far so good, But, when I enter my password it appears to take it (BTW i tried both my GS pw and my FTP pw.) Not really sure which pw is required??? Then, when I enter my target-server path, The SP plugin panel goes blank. So when I go back to the "SP config panel" the target-server path has not changed and still lists the default "http://localhost/tuidelik/basesite/" path. What am I doing wrong? I believe your plugin will be the exact solution I need for my site's needed functionality,

If you can send some info that will help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Jody
joeflo13 Wrote:Hello,

I am noob to the static pages functionality in GS3. I have installed the latest version of Static Pages (SP 0.3). I can go the the SP config panel under plug-ins panel of GS admin dashboard successfully. So far so good, But, when I enter my password it appears to take it (BTW i tried both my GS pw and my FTP pw.) Not really sure which pw is required??? Then, when I enter my target-server path, The SP plugin panel goes blank. So when I go back to the "SP config panel" the target-server path has not changed and still lists the default "http://localhost/tuidelik/basesite/" path. What am I doing wrong? I believe your plugin will be the exact solution I need for my site's needed functionality,

If you can send some info that will help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Jody

If anyone could help me out here that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for late reply.

Can you check if this path exist on your GS installation

plugins/config/_global/dominion-static/

look for file called

static-config.cfg

if the path does not exist, please create it and see if it then takes your config.

Regarding the password, you can enter any password you want. What basically happens is the password you save the first time is used for all your uploads (just to insure somebody dont misuse this service if your server is on the internet).

Thus, first just enter any password you want, save it and then create and upload your files.

Please let me know if the above info helped

tx
dominionit Wrote:Sorry for late reply.

Can you check if this path exist on your GS installation

plugins/config/_global/dominion-static/

look for file called

static-config.cfg

if the path does not exist, please create it and see if it then takes your config.

Regarding the password, you can enter any password you want. What basically happens is the password you save the first time is used for all your uploads (just to insure somebody dont misuse this service if your server is on the internet).

Thus, first just enter any password you want, save it and then create and upload your files.

Please let me know if the above info helped

tx

Thanks for your reply. I checked to see if the path and file "plugins/config/_global/dominion-static/static-config.cfg" exists and it did. So I manually changed the static-config.cfg file in my text editor to my server path and auto=1 for automatic updates saved the file and replaced on my server. Good news it holds the preferences in the SP settings page when refreshed but now when I press the recreate pages button the page goes blank and no action is taken or nothing has changed. Where should I look to see if the tstatic html pages were made and I can link from to mthe rest of my site.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

JF
same case here after clicking save the admin page goes blank except for the menu of admin panel