GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: News Manager as a product catalog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
Does anybody made a products catalog for GS?

Now I've got 4 different projects that will use products catalog and I'm thinking of use News Manager plugin to create catalog plugin (new post = new product).
I don't need many products (about 20 - 60) and I don't (for now) need product categories.
Maby I would need some search and sort functions.. but that future..

To the point!
Does anybody has & will share with me such a plugin ? Or maby You have different idea how to make products catalog on site?

Best regards
Grzesiek
I have made 2 plugins similar to what you are asking for.

1. (Vacation Rentals) http://www.realtyteamnaples.com/services/rentals/

2. (Golf Carts) http://www.golfcartsandhuntingbuggies.com/golf-carts/

The plugin is kind of customized for my needs but it easily editable. The golf cart one is just a modified version of the vacation rentals plugin.
They both also have their own custom fields generator to add custom fields to the edit/create item pages (Based off i18n-custom fields plugin).

Let me know if you want me to send you the files or if this is what you are looking for.

Screenshot Of Admin (Edit Golf Cart) Below:
[Image: golf-cart-plugin.png]

Screenshot Of Custom Fields Manager:
[Image: golf-cart-plugin-2.png]
Am really interested in that plugin if your willing to share please?
webmonkeyukcom Wrote:Am really interested in that plugin if your willing to share please?

I can give you the version that is more customized for my needs if you want, or if you don't mind waiting a few days I can make it into more of a generic plugin easily adaptable for your needs.
mikeh Wrote:... I can make it into more of a generic plugin easily adaptable for your needs.

that would be great, I am sure some of us here need this or find a good use for that

Cheers, Connie
thanks all for replays.
I've ask mikeh for his plugin.
After I will test and customize it I will write, how does it work for me in my project's.

Best regards
Grzegorz
grs84pl Wrote:thanks all for replays.
I've ask mikeh for his plugin.
After I will test and customize it I will write, how does it work for me in my project's.

Best regards
Grzegorz

Sorry for the delay, I decided to make it into a generic plugin which can be easily modified (Via Settings page and separate custom fields page) to be fit any sort of product or item. It should be done and uploaded to extend in a few hours.
Ohhh that will be awsome. Smile
grs84pl Wrote:Ohhh that will be awsome. Smile

I finished the items manager plugin a couple days ago Smile forgot to give you the link to it,
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2507/...er-ver-09/
Thanks, I've allready torturing it. Smile

I'm trying to make a couple function, that in my opinion would be usefull:
- promotion box (every item can be marked as a promoted) and all promoted items will be random (or not) show in promobox.
- box with list of all items with ajax autocomplete;

&
I've found few bugs. When I got time, I will wrote all things at forum.

BTW. Verry nice work !
grs84pl Wrote:Thanks, I've allready torturing it. Smile

I'm trying to make a couple function, that in my opinion would be usefull:
- promotion box (every item can be marked as a promoted) and all promoted items will be random (or not) show in promobox.
- box with list of all items with ajax autocomplete;

&
I've found few bugs. When I got time, I will wrote all things at forum.

BTW. Verry nice work !

Thanks. The coding is a bet messy you will see. The plugin took much longer to develop then I anticipated so I didn't clean it up yet.
mikeh Wrote:Thanks. The coding is a bet messy you will see. The plugin took much longer to develop then I anticipated so I didn't clean it up yet.

It's no problem I'll try to comment all changes made by me.
I'll send You back all files after I finish.

BR
Grzegorz