GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: [Solved left Godaddy :) ] 501 Error ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed the script to play with it the other day. Very nice work. Everything is working great, but if I try to edit anything under the themes tab it throws a 501 Error example admin/components.php (save changes ), admin/theme-edit.php (save changes).
and I site map can not be generated.

What could I have set or missed to make this happen ?

Thanks for your time

Peter
Please use the website health check and tell us the results

http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:healthcheck

you can find it in support => first steps => Server Health Check
Thanks for the quick reply Connie. That was the first step I looked at. Every item is good. All though being new to this script is the attached screen shoot normal ?

/theme/ No file-OK

GetSimple Version 3.0 - Latest version installed
PHP Version 5.2.14 - OK
Using pixelstudio theme

To recap EVERY function works great switch themes, edit pages, ect... I just can't seems to edit and save changes under the themes tab ?
your theme is not installed / uploaded correctly

if you open the zip of pixelstudio regular, you get this folder (+Mac os)

pixelstudio_regular

in this folder are three folders:

- plugins
- pixelstudio
- data

+ a manual.pdf (did you read it?)

the folder "pixelstudio" must be uploaded into your theme-directory
the content of the folder "Plugins" belongs into the plugin-folder

the content of "data" belongs into the "data"folder if you have no data already

so it seems to me that you uploaded everything into the themes-folder and by that the theme will not work

you must read the manual carefully as this theme is quite a demanding but exquisite theme!
Thanks for the reply connie

I will check to see what I did wrong. I did read everything and the
Hey Connie FYI ....

I did another fresh install on my localhost. Ran website health check again. Received the same result as listed above.
/theme/ No file-OK

This was with the default theme selected. Everything works fine every page. So I started to try and recreate my issue.

Come to find out it was some bad php code I added to the template page ! Never closed one of the tags. After closing the tag no more 501 error.

Wanted to thank you again for your time.
Peter
Hi Peter,

this is one of the rare situations where nobody can help, except those with magic christal balls ;=)

I am glad the problem is solved for you and I learned a lesson:

I must remember to ask whether the situation happens with other themes as well ;=(

Cheers, Connie