GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: 301 Redirects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First time poster but I've been using get simple for a few years now.

I'm having some trouble getting pages to redirect through htaccess and when using the URI redirect plugin.

Basically, I'd like to redirect my old about page at '/about/index.php' to the new one one get simple at '/about'.

Every method i've tried has thrown up this url '/about?id=php' and a page not found error.

Any help is much appreciated as this is for a client who's obsessed with SEO and I'll buy whoever can help a drink!

Thanks guys,
James
Hi!

which settings did you define in the settings panel?

Does your server support mod_rewrite?

show us the .htaccess, please and the result of the server health's check

I am sure we will find a solution
@jamescarroll

You can find some posts with redirection samples for GS in this thread:
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1552/...direction/
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses but it seems to have fixed itself. I reinstalled getsimple and the URI redirect plugin and everything started working as it should!

Just one of those things I think!

Many thanks for the offers of help though! Much appreciated!
James,

great that it's working for you now! Keep on rocking with GS!
Thanks guys!

I also just identified another bug with GS/ckeditor. I noticed that I was getting strange tags in my page content html which usually looked like 'sab="762"', but the number varied.

I've recently started using Internet Explorer again to make sure everything renders properly for those who still use it and installed the plugin 'simple ad blocker'. Disabling this meant that no more sab tags appeared in my html, but i still had to go back through the sites many pages and remove the ones that were already there!

Just a heads up for any body who is using IE and Simple ad blocker.
James,

which plugin do you mean? I do not know that one.

Is it a CKEditor plugin, a browser plugin? A firefox plugin or a IE plugin?

Cheers, Connie
Hi Connie,

Sorry if i was unclear, it's an IE plugin, here's a link - http://simple-adblock.com/

Seems to affect CKEditor only, so it's more than likely an issue for them to resolve, but at least GS users can be aware of it.
yes, maybe there is info already at ckeditor.net ..

thanks for informing us!

Cheers, Connie