GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Your experience of Get Simple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I'm currently writing an article looking at (and to some extent comparing) a number of CMS's. Not the ones most people think of, but the up-and-coming ones.

Get Simple is on my list, and while I've installed it, played around with it, built a site and even extended it, I'd like to know what other people think are its best features? What's cool about it? How does it compare to the big CMS's?

Thanks in advance
I would love to see this article and I'll consider adding it to the in-the-news section of the site when its completed.

If there is anything you would want from me for the article, let me know... i'll be more than happy to assist.
One of its strong points is that it's fast. Because it doesn't use MYSQL for data storage, there is no database server overhead.

Another is that the administration interface is very attractive and easy to use. True, only the site admins will ever see the backend, if you're building sites for clients to update themselves it's still a big plus.
having only just found GS, while searching and testing some of the lesser known CMS, I have one or two commissions in the pipeline, one I know will be wanting a CMS.

I shall be trying to lean them towards this great application. I am in the process of building my second testing site one yesterday and one today. I even got my 14 year old daughter building one. so it shows the beauty and simplicity of it. She is a complete novice never done anything close to this.

I have no doubt that as time goes by more and more will come over to this type of CMS, for varying reasons speed and space are my two favourites.

I hope that the plug-ins continue to be produced as they are vital in competition with the more heavyweight opponents.

Excellent an 8/10 from me .
love to hear it Gordo... thanks!
Love GS, it really is simple! Even a newbie like me understands it :-)
If i have time, I certainly will try to contribute with Finnish language files to those plugins which I have so far used.