GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Add More Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me how to add more page numbers? The page numbers go up to 20.
I know some people here have said they have many more pages than than 20 so I am sure there must be a way to add pages.

Thanks for any and all help.

Bob
Bob,

I do not understand your question.
I just created 239 pages at www.zweiterblick.de

what do you mean with "pages numbers"? Please give us an example, an URL
Connie

Yes I guess your correct you can still create pages but the where you can number the pages in order in the menu only goes to 20 pages. Is there a way to change the number?

Bob
Bob, are all your pages going to be added to the menu?
rfuller Wrote:Connie

Yes I guess your correct you can still create pages but the where you can number the pages in order in the menu only goes to 20 pages. Is there a way to change the number?

Bob

Just install the I18N plugin and you get improved page list and edit views (and a view to reorganize your menu structure) with no limitations as to the number of pages in a (sub)menu.

You don't need to use the other functionality of the plugin ;-)
Chris

Not all pages are being added to the menu, but I do have more than 20 that need to be in the menu.

The site is a online store with different product lines, with each product have its own place in the menu. Now each product may have 3 of 4 pages but are just linked to the product line that is in the menu first page. ( Did that make sense?)

mvlcek

Thanks for the sugguestion I may have to give it a try if I don't come up with another solution. Only reason I have not tried the I18N Plugin is I thought I remembered reading somewhere in the forum that it did not work with the Exec-PHP plugin well and that plugin is a must.

Thank you all for your replies and as always, the community here at GetSimple is the best!!!

Bob
Hi rfuller,
always you can modify /admin/edit.php, +- line 232.
Change the limit 20(<=20).

Code:
while ($i <= 20) {
        echo '<option value="'.$i.'">'.$i.'</option>';
               $i++;
    }

Regards.
PD: i think that it should be able to be changed in the settings ...
rfuller Wrote:Thanks for the sugguestion I may have to give it a try if I don't come up with another solution. Only reason I have not tried the I18N Plugin is I thought I remembered reading somewhere in the forum that it did not work with the Exec-PHP plugin well and that plugin is a must.

I only found a post regarding an incompatibility with I18N Gallery with no specifics, however, a short test did not show any problems.
(of course Exec-PHP crashes on my homepage because the pages describe how to use my plugins and thus include <?php ... ?> as text :-(

Anyway, an alternative to Exec-PHP is the DynPages plugin, where you add your php code in a component and then include the component on the page (here calling a component, which includes the first two paragraphs of page my-page):
Code:
And here we have the first two paragraphs of another page:
{% includepage my-page 2 %}
Thanks for all the help.

Cumbe

That is what I been looking for, I just wasn't sure where to look for the correct line of code that needed to be changed. It seems to do what I need.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Bob