GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Pulldown Menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i'm new with getsimple and i have a little question... i downloaded all i18n plugins but i can not implement pulldown menus in theme vtbfree-3, i've modified template.php but nothing please help... (sorry but my english is not good).
welcome here!

Please show us what you modified in the template, you can add the code here in a post and mark it as code
Connie Wrote:welcome here!

Please show us what you modified in the template, you can add the code here in a post and mark it as code

I've modified these two lines in template.php:

Code:
<div id="templatemo_menu">
          <ul>
<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),0,0,i18n_showmenu); ?>
</ul>

... and ....

Code:
<div id="news_box">
                       <?php get_i18n_component('sidebar'); ?>
                <div class="cleaner"></div>

... and in file /admin/edit.php i've added these lines of code:

Code:
if ($id)
{ ..... }

else
{
      if (isset($_GET['parent'])) $parent = $_GET['parent'];
      if (isset($_GET['template'])) $template = $_GET['template'];
      if (isset($_GET['metak'])) $metak = $_GET['metak'];
      if (isset($_GET['metad'])) $metad = $_GET['metad'];
      if (isset($_GET['menu-enable'])) $menuStatus = $_GET['menu-enable'];
      if (isset($_GET['menu-order'])) $menuOrder = $_GET['menu-order'];
      if (isset($_GET['private'])) $private = $_GET['private'];
      if (isset($_GET['title'])) $title = $_GET['title'];
      if (isset($_GET['menu'])) $menu = $_GET['menu'];
      if (isset($_GET['newid'])) $url = $_GET['newid'];
    $buttonname = i18n_r('BTN_SAVEPAGE');
}

if in the line ... php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),0,0,i18n_showmenu) ... i replace the 0,0 with 0,1 or another value the menu become dephaced.
there is no need to modify the admin/edit.php in my opinion

when the plugins are activated it is enough to edit the template

but unfortunately I cannot test now with that template for you as I have renovation in the house and no time to sit at the computer, sorry

PS: I found time, I activated the theme at my local server and did not edit any files except the template.php

Code:
<ul>
<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),0,2,I18N_SHOW_MENU); ?>
</ul>

you must tell how many subpages you want to show, the numbers represent:

minlevel and maxlevel

so if you set the levels to "0" nothing will be shown

I got a menue with sub-levels, but for sure, as mvlcek wrote as well, you must edit the CSS because that template is not done for a multi-level menue and needs styling
drviolino Wrote:I've modified these two lines in template.php:

Code:
<div id="templatemo_menu">
          <ul>
<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),0,0,i18n_showmenu); ?>
</ul>

if in the line ... php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),0,0,i18n_showmenu) ... i replace the 0,0 with 0,1 or another value the menu become dephaced.

You definitely need to use get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),0,1,I18N_SHOW_MENU) (case!), but you also need to define some styles for the pulldown menu in your CSS (the minimum of styles - which won't look nice, but probably works - is described here).
i've modified ... but nothing it doesn't work ... i've attached the template.php and the .css, can you read these two files and tell me what's wrong.... sorry for my english... and my little brain Smile
why not show us the URL of your site?
www.reunia.com - site under construction Smile
you sure you've add the pages you want in the menu?? (Edit page -> Options)
Because looking at the source of your site, there is no submenu so it can't be display

Also, I took a quick look at your template and you need to change your css where you've add the code from mvlcek. It's not .templatemo_menu but #templatemo_menu for this template

after that it should work basicly
Lithie Wrote:you sure you've add the pages you want in the menu?? (Edit page -> Options)
Because looking at the source of your site, there is no submenu so it can't be display

Also, I took a quick look at your template and you need to change your css where you've add the code from mvlcek. It's not .templatemo_menu but #templatemo_menu for this template

after that it should work basicly

Thank you very much it works...!!!!!